Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
05GTO said:
12-11-04

Watch Dennis Hopper tonight on this 2 hour advertisement for the pontiac (old & new) GTO on NBC @ 8:00.
have you seen this movie, first they rice it out, insert a 55 gallon bottle of nitrous, then they drive a JUDGE over a cliff......advertisement......i think not, but they also claim the gto in the movie is an 05....i don't think so

·
Registered
476 Posts
I forgot and turned it on with only 10 minutes till the end. I got to see what they claim is an '05 (ahh, no) and to watch Dennis hopper drive a Judge over the cliff. Now if that was the climax, I can't even imagine how bad the rest of the movie was. :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I caught the last half of hour of this so called movie. It was boring as heck and i have pulled better acting out of my ass. The only real tragedy for me was when dennis hopper drove THE JUDGE off the cliff. i literally felt very sorrow for the car.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Groucho said:
Ah. So I guess an Acedemy Award is a long shot then, eh?
Actually the girlfriend in the movie is being nominated for;

People's Choice Awards,
MTV 2005 Movie Award,
Academy Award - "Best Actress,"
Screen Actors Guild Award,
British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award,
Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award - "Best Actress,"
62nd Golden Globe Award - "Actress In a Leading Role - Drama"
Blockbuster Entertainment Award - "Favorite Actress"
Boston Society Film Critics Award,
London Film Critics Circle Awards (ALFS) - "Actress of the Year"
The National Board of Review - "Best Actress in 2004"
Chicago Film Critics Association (CFCA) Award - "Best Actress"
Golden Satellite Award "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama"
Online Film Critics Society Awards - "OFCS Award Best Actress"
People's Choice Awards - "Favorite Motion Picture Actress Award"
San Diego Film Critics Society Awards (SDFCS) - Award "Best Actress"
Teen Choice Award Film - "Choice Actress"

All of these nominations are because she (single handily) was able to modify the 04 GTO with all the 05 modifications without shutting down any assemble line and by only using a blow torch and a gallon of torrid red paint. And on top of all, she doesn't have a UAW card!

·
Registered
83 Posts
With the crap that comes out of Hollywood today, I was suprised to find the movie quite entertaining. Aside from the silliness of "taking the law in your own hands" and the mortal sin comitted of destroying a Judge, (we can only hope it was a clone) I thought the movie was not that bad. Although I would be pissed I had PAID to see it. :cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I'm ashamed to admit that I watched the whole movie waiting to see if it was going to get better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a degree in Film making. Not that I am an expert but I love cinema. That movie was garbage but I did watch it because I wanted to see the stock Gto in a car chase. I must admitt I enjoyed the chase sequence. When the girl mods the Gto in what seemed like the same day I thought the movie went in the toliet. Also, I go to car shows all the time and get the owners of classic muscle cars to give me the keys to help me out. Don't you? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.