Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paper vs. Plastic?

Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys?

Mitsubishi Evolution vs. Subaru WRX Sti?

2005 Pontiac GTO vs.

2006 Pontiac GTO (if built) vs.

Welcome to 1968 :cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are wrong. 1968 had cars made by every manufacturer that looked good. Every car was performance oriented. Chevelles, Cutlass', Skylarks, GTOs, Cudas, Darts (w/426 Hemi), Mustangs, every car out that year looked good.
Now lets go into the future. GTO, yes and ....? Where are all the good looking power driven cars. Oh yeah, the mustang is from 68. The charger, well its appearance speaks for itself, boo boo. Camaro, Firebird, cuda, challenger these great cars are long gone. There are no modern day muscle cars except for the GTO. Mustangs are pony cars, always have always will, and the same with camaros and firebirds.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I predict The DC ( Daimler/ Chrysler ) NABISCO look will age quickly. I was parked right beside a 300C this weekend, and up close and personnal, they are slab sided boxes. They are not well proportioned vehicles. Looks that span the test of time have shapes that cannot be duplicated with a RULER.
( of course that's just my opinion )

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
No doubt...the Magnum/300C/Charger is fugly.

Saw an '05 'Stang at an aviation trade show last week...and it was actually an attractive-looking car.

And I hate Fords.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe these comparisons are not very popular but rest assured, they will make for a countless number of magazine comparos. Also, watch for a future film that attempts to recreate the chase scene from the film Bullit with the new stang and charger.

·
Registered
265 Posts
EdwardC said:
Maybe these comparisons are not very popular but rest assured, they will make for a countless number of magazine comparos. Also, watch for a future film that attempts to recreate the chase scene from the film Bullit with the new stang and charger.
Hey, I think I'd actually like to see that! Sometimes you can't go back. The 2003/4 "Italian Job" doesn't hold a candle to the original. But sometimes the sequel is better - Terminator 2 was better than Terminator 1 (but then they had to go and ruin that theory with Terminator 3)...

Maybe I just talked myself out of that one. I did just watch that chase scene recently, it probably is untouchable.

---Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
You might hate the new Mustang but on all the tests so far, the GT is beating the goat in 0 to 60 and also in 1.4 times. I think when the GT comes out it will be a drivers race.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
2tirefire said:
You might hate the new Mustang but on all the tests so far, the GT is beating the goat in 0 to 60 and also in 1.4 times. I think when the GT comes out it will be a drivers race.
Personally, I think the GT is a nice car, just not for me.

The info you are referring to must be of the 2004 GTO, the numbers on the 2005 GTO are incomplete. But, what I am seeing the 05 GTO should take the GT.

Now, the Cobra on the other hand will be a drivers race against the 05 GTO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts