Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'd consider a new ZR1, maybe if it had some MODs. ;)
From what I heard that car is a beast without mods. I don't think you can handle it Rukee:D

I would trade my GTO for.....nothing. Unless it was a even trade that I didn't have to make payments, then it would be:
1) SLR McLaren
2) Bugatti Veyron

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I might trade mine for a really cherry '59 Bonneville with a 421 Super Duty & 4 speed, if the opportunity arose...

Or a Mallet LS7 Solstice Coupe.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It would be tough since i have grown so attached to my car...

But i think a
G8 GXP or a ZR1....
or a 06 GTO 6 speed, low miles of course...

My Gto will most likely be staying in my collection for many years to come. especially after hearing my dad talk about how he wishes he would have kept his 72 Chevelle SS and his 69 Camaro... I learn from others mistakes, not my own! haha

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I was going to trade my 99 Vette straight up for an 04 GTO...
I decided to keep the Vette...
As I already have a family car...

Damn, sorry, had to do it.

I will probably get one in the future to have a new and old GTO...
I would love a G8 as it is the last Pontiac Musclecar and is a great family/travelling car with performance.

·
Registered
390 Posts
05 vette or newer
06 viper or newer

I'm sort of itching for a Z06....but I'm going to wait a few years so I can get the C6 at a nice price

·
Registered
457 Posts
in order of the realm of possibility

G8 GXP
C06/ZR1
Transformers Stingray Concept
McLaren F1

·
Registered
25 Posts
After driving a friends i would trade my GTO in a heartbeat for a new BMW M3 Black with the Carbon fiber roof and paddle shifters.

Its hard to explain unless you have driven one but when i drove it i swear they made that car just for me!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I already own a G8 and a GTO so my list is shorter. I looked at the G8 GXP but felt the extra $12000, on average, wasn't worth the 12 extra cubes. I know, there are other minor differences, but the marginal performance difference wasn't worth it to me. I put a Vararam, LT, a 3000 stall, and a tune. Now I can repeatedly put mid 12 passes on the original tires.
I am going to wait until I pay it off the G8 and possibly sell both for the money down on a Viper GTS. That would be a blast with twin turbos.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I would trade it for it Eurpeon or Australian version. I really like the car as is. If I wanted a Vette I would of got one. I would trade for a G8 just for 4 doors if I needed a family car though.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Not ready to even think about that yet. I've only had my GTO for less that a year. It's the 50th 4 wheeled vechile I've owned in my lifetime. I'm retired, own my home and could have pretty much bought any car I wanted to, and in fact I did....the GTO. Maybe in a couple of years I'll contemplate what I'd trade it for.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Why on earth would I ever trade perfection such as this?

Really, I dont trade much stuff. I wanted a 64-70 GTO since 1980 and I finally got one in 1993. It has been with me through 18 months of unemployment and working out of my one car garage to pay bills, and has traveled with me everywhere I have gone except Korea and the sandbox. My daughter is getting the 72 and the 65 is really for my father in law except I wont trust him not to sell it so its staying in my name, but its his car.

I dont even think I would trade my 98 Formula for anything. I do want an 05-06 GTO though, and I will have one just as soon as they are cheap enough to fit my budget.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts