Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this could be a good sticky thread.

My daily is an '07 Denali Yukon i picked up for dirt cheap with a bunch of "mom car neglect" issues and fixed them in short order. I'm running headers into the stock 3.5" exhaust that comes on the 6.2L trucks. I'll eventually freshen up the L92 with cathedral heads and a good "truck" cam. I lifted it a couple of inches and put 32x12's on it so i can pull equipment up to my cabin in West Texas and crawl around the trails without dragging on everything. I want to swap in a 9.5" 14-bolt from a 2015+, fab brackets to swap in a 9.25" front diff from an HD(you can get a locker for those), a stick transfer case(AWD blows), and 33's so i don't have to lift it any more than it is and lose ride quality.

My uncle bought the green truck brand new in '74....... actually on my birthday 10 years prior. He did a big block swap in the 80's, but i acquired a '73 454 with a forged crank and big oval-port heads, freshened it up to a 468(by necessity. The cylinders were pitted), and did a Holley Sniper EFI conversion. I'll either do an NV4500 swap or bolt on a Gear Vendors OD to the SM465. For exhaust I'm running a pair of really long smooth-bore glasspacks in the middle and factory C6 Corvette mufflers in the back so i can keep it quiet without choking it down.

I got the Camaro in trade for another square body truck. It's actually what i pulled the 454 for the green truck out of. I have a Vortec 350 almost ready to go into it for the time being, but I might just do the turbo'd junkyard LS thing and make it stupid fast. I really don't know what I'm going to do with it.

The Suburban was a joint venture between my brother and me. I had it up for sale for a while, but I'll probably keep it and do a 4BT Cummins swap on 1-ton axles. The quarters are rusty, but the floor pans and the rest of the body are ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first decent car was a silver '99 Formula that eventually ended up with an LS3-headed LQ4 with a 222/230 cam, BMR everything underneath and a custom 3" under-axle x-pipe setup i built. I had that car for about 6 years before it got smacked in a parking lot by a dude who was backing up without looking. It was already getting ragged out by that point, so i found a pewter V6 Firebird with a blown engine for $1400 that was in excellent condition otherwise and swapped over everything important. I only had it for a year or so before i sold it and bought a bike like a dumbass.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have several "other" cars including my daily driver, a 2010 600hp Jaguar XKR and my weekend toy, a 1972 De Tomaso Pantera, restored and modified. There are others but these occupy 99% of my driving time.
DSCF8217 (1280x960) (1024x768).jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts