Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there no end to the indignities and identity crises our GTOs must suffer?

Woman at work this morning: "Wow, so I see you got a new car! What is it?"

Me: "A GTO."

Her: "Oh, a Mazda?"

Me: "Uh . . . no. A Pontiac."

Good criminy, where the heck has this woman lived since 1964? I mean, at least I kinda understood the other day when I told a friend about my GTO and she thought I meant a classic '67 or something, but a Mazda?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry Bossman...

Ran over some metal object today on my way to work, as I am walking past my office door I stopped (as usual to admire the GOAT) only to notice my right rear tire deflated. I pulled out the handy electronic pressure gauge to read in fear of 3.5 PSI! 3.5 I yelled! Left work immediately to temporarily fill up so I could get the tire checked after work. Well my biggest fear was that I drove it for a day and half that low and warped the tire needing a replacement, well luckily after watching them take the tire off everything was a-ok. The owner walks back and said what is that a new G6? I looked at him and said what does that say on the quarterpanel? He read out loud GTO and then looked down at the ground and walked away. Went up to pay for the patch work and he comes up to me and says don't worry about it, it's taken care of.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took no offense, sboylan. Actually, I think I remember your post.

With as few GTOs as there are on the road, and considering the vast difference between an enthusiast's knowledge base and that of the general public, we're all likely to have our cars mistaken for just about anything.

If you ask me, that promises to be one of the more fun aspects of GTO ownership!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.