Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was disassembling the driver's door prepping it for the body shop.
There were a lot of pine needles in the shell so I reached in there to pull out the debris and noticed a plastic sheet in there. I fished it out.

The sign had been in there awhile as it has aged a bit. My guess is he put the sign on the window and it fell through. :lol:

Since there was no area code on the sign, I looked up all the Maryland area codes (since that's where the car was built and where the original dealer was).

I found a listing online plus the address and guess what? The guy lives only 3.4 miles from the dealership that sold the goat! That is so cool! Problem is, the person didn't answer, so I left him a voicemail.

Let's see where this story goes. Would be great to find the original owner and let him know his goat is in good hands.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
I was disassembling the driver's door prepping it for the body shop.
There were a lot of pine needles in the shell so I reached in there to pull out the debris and noticed a plastic sheet in there. I fished it out.

The sign had been in there awhile as it has aged a bit. My guess is he put the sign on the window and it fell through. :lol:

Since there was no area code on the sign, I looked up all the Maryland area codes (since that's where the car was built and where the original dealer was).

I found a listing online plus the address and guess what? The guy lives only 3.4 miles from the dealership that sold the goat! That is so cool! Problem is, the person didn't answer, so I left him a voicemail.

Let's see where this story goes. Would be great to find the original owner and let him know his goat is in good hands.
Yep, that's cool.....:cheers Is the original dealer in business too ? IF it is still owned by the same family, you may have another option to seek paper work.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's cool.....:cheers Is the original dealer in business too ? IF it is still owned by the same family, you may have another option to seek paper work.
The dealership is King Pontiac in MD and still going as strong as a GM dealership can be. My trunk has their dealer tag on it, but it needs to be restored. I called the dealer a year ago and got a tepid response by the guy who answered. He told me they don't keep records that old. Maybe I should try again?

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
The dealership is King Pontiac in MD and still going as strong as a GM dealership can be. My trunk has their dealer tag on it, but it needs to be restored. I called the dealer a year ago and got a tepid response by the guy who answered. He told me they don't keep records that old. Maybe I should try again?
When I called the original dealer that mine came from, I asked for someone in upper management and just happened to be connected to the owner. Maybe you would have a better experience asking for the owner or senior manager. Good Luck...:)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy answered but has had the phone number for 12 years and never owned a goat.
It must have been the guy before him. Oh well.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
The guy answered but has had the phone number for 12 years and never owned a goat.
It must have been the guy before him. Oh well.
.....:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts