Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a video I shot one morning going to work with my SLP short pipe on the car. One of my brackets that hold the mid-pipe to the tranny cracked was causing the exhaust to make some noises. I removed the bracket to get it welded. While it was getting welded I removed my Magnaflow cat-back, to releave some stress off of the mid-pipe/header and put back on my short SLP cat-back pipes that stop just before the pumpkin. The video does no justice to how loud the car sounds. Enjoy.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
:lol:

I couldn't really hear the Maggie. Though the car sounded like my '83 Parisienne when I took a hammer to the rusty old midpipe. Yes, a hammer. It was that bad.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The peddle on the right goes all the way to the floor. ;)
You must have noticed the short shifting. I'm anal about taking the car above 3000rpm when cold. Sprited driving comes when the car is nice and warm. Besides no need to take the car above 3k rpm with a Maggie.;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
You must have noticed the short shifting. I'm anal about taking the car above 3000rpm when cold. Sprited driving comes when the car is nice and warm. Besides no need to take the car above 3k rpm with a Maggie.;)
Ah..ah...ah CHOO! Ah..ah...ah CHOO! Sorry I'm allergic to BS...

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol:

I couldn't really hear the Maggie. Though the car sounded like my '83 Parisienne when I took a hammer to the rusty old midpipe. Yes, a hammer. It was that bad.
You couldn't hear the Maggie? Thats not a busted powersteering pump:). I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing that it sounded like your Parisienne.
Pfft!!
Change that 3 to a 5 and I'd be right there with you. ;)
Once its nice and warm I'll wrap it up to 6.5k.;)
Ah..ah...ah CHOO! Ah..ah...ah CHOO! Sorry I'm allergic to BS...
Huh?
I usually don't get on it until I show 1 tick mark on the GTO, or ~150 on my Grand Am. I figure by then the oil is warm enough.
This man knows what I'm talking about. 180 degrees is ideal for the LSx motors.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
You couldn't hear the Maggie? Thats not a busted powersteering pump:). I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing that it sounded like your Parisienne.
Upon watching it again I heard it once you got out by the highway.

As for the exhaust, it just sounded super bass-heavy, and reminds me of the "rattle the fillings out of your teeth" drone. My GP sounds pretty similar too, only having 3-4' of pipe off each manifold.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Removing some PS fluid so my car sounds bad ass too. So ha!~

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Upon watching it again I heard it once you got out by the highway.

As for the exhaust, it just sounded super bass-heavy, and reminds me of the "rattle the fillings out of your teeth" drone. My GP sounds pretty similar too, only having 3-4' of pipe off each manifold.
There is alot of drone but not that bad to were parts are falling off the car. Its cool for a short period. I used to be into loud exhaust when I was younger, now that I'm older not into it anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts