Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been deciding for sometime now about what car to buy for my next toy. It was between a TT 350z and the GTO. I have driven both and the final decision is.....the GTO. I went saturday for a second test drive and i just cant get away from the feel of raw power from the V8. don't get me wrong the 350 was a blast i mean with twin turbo's only good things can come out of that but the rumble of the LS2 and the fact that its 400hp naturally aspirated, which means adding TT will only had to the fun of the car. My brother has a turboed I30 and he said that the "throw you in your seat" feel is way different. I'm going back to the dealership on Wednesday to sign on the dotted line.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MyFriends05GTO said:
Slightly modded 350Z huh... Cause they dont come with Twin Turbos... But the GTO if you can find an 05 is def a nice ride... My roomate *friend* is looking for something to gain him some big HP...
I found a 2003 350z TT. don't get me wrong that car was a beast, it was puttin down 413hp to the wheels...but i just think i can get more from the GTO with the right parts. I've been doing imports for awhile but after seeing Rhys Millen drift his GTO i was inspired and now i got to have one. I think i might even do the same spoiler. I like to be different and i don't think any goat owner has one of those since i believe its the wing made by TOP SECRET in Japan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck with your car, I used to me in the JDM scene too with my G35 coupe, their are a lot better options for power with the GTO. I am looking at the ati procharger myself. I believe the ls2 will be more reliable with FI than the v35 and have not heard of many ls1 or ls2 engines blowing up with min boost on stock internals like they have posted on my350z or g35driver. As for the wing, if your not drifting, you may want to reconsider....lol Have fun with the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G352GTO said:
Good luck with your car, I used to me in the JDM scene too with my G35 coupe, their are a lot better options for power with the GTO. I am looking at the ati procharger myself. I believe the ls2 will be more reliable with FI than the v35 and have not heard of many ls1 or ls2 engines blowing up with min boost on stock internals like they have posted on my350z or g35driver. As for the wing, if your not drifting, you may want to reconsider....lol Have fun with the car.
I know what you mean with the 350's. I talked to the guys over at SGP Racing quite a few times and the biggest problem with the vq35 is people not getting the car tuned correctly. One of the guys there at the shop had been running 9lbs of boost consistently and never had any problems until he turned the boost up to 15lbs racing a 1000hp Supra.

Just an FYI, i believe this weekend is a Dyno Day at SGP if your close to the Houston area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.