Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this, but general sounded good. A new neighbor moved in over the weekend. He has an 03-04 Mustang Mach 1. Does anybody know how bad this will hurt my property values????

Talked to him a bit, and he seems like a nice enough guy, but he started talking smack on the GTO almost right away. He told me all the Mustang magazines say his car is faster. I kindly offered to have him tag along on my next trip to Gainesville. He declined. I then informed him that I already beat a modded Mach 1, but the driver makes a large difference, so i'd like to see what I could do against his stock Mach. He still wouldn't go, but he's sure his car is faster, they had it in MM&FF.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmm, that reminds me of...

There's a girl who works at a place I go to occassionally with a shiny black '05 Rustang GT. I keep trying to talk her into going to the dragstrip with her "hot car."
I don't think she's caught on yet to the fact that I mostly want her to see how her car really ranks in the real world. She's got no idea what my goat could do to her pony. I've no doubt that she'd be surprised what her nice new expensive toy really is. :rolleyes:
None of the Rustang owners at the track will race me anymore, unless they're driving the cobra version. ;) I can't wait to start the REAL mods on my goat! :party:

Maximental

·
Registered
558 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Talked to him a bit, and he seems like a nice enough guy, but he started talking smack on the GTO almost right away.
A little friendly smack-talking never hurt anyone. The cool thing is that you have a neighbor who likes cars. Focus on that. Be thankful he's not a member of Greenpeace who curses you every time you flaunt your gas-guzzling, forest-thinning, ozone-depleting monster in his face.

I have a Mustang lover here at work. He came into some money a few years ago, built a garage adjacent to his house and started collecting. He has a couple of classics, a Rousch and some others. He does some racing, too (he's an empty nester). While the two of us routinely insult one another's rides, we still have fun talking cars and comparing opinions. We've got the same disease; it just manifests itself in different ways.

·
Registered
252 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Not sure where to post this, but general sounded good. A new neighbor moved in over the weekend. He has an 03-04 Mustang Mach 1. Does anybody know how bad this will hurt my property values????
You'll have to ask Camshaft how bad the market value gets when something like this happens... LOL... :lol:

Maybe thats why Cam got all those chocolates and flowers.... ;)

G

·
Maximental said:
I don't think she's caught on yet to the fact that I mostly want her to see how her car really ranks in the real world. She's got no idea what my goat could do to her pony.
And, you know what?.... she doesn't care. :rolleyes:

She is proud of her Mustang.
Maybe it's the first new car she's ever had.
Maybe it's the first car she bought herself.
Maybe you should back off just a tad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know this guy who got a '04 Mach 1 as a graduation/ staying out of trouble present. When he first got it, you would not believe the crap he talked smack on. I used to have my eyes set on buying a LS1 T/A WS.6 and always mentioned that whenever I buy one, we were going to run at the track and see who was faster. "yeah, whatever man. No GM car is going to hang with my Mach." What about a 'Vette? Do you really think you are going to hang with an LS1 Corvette? " F**k the Corvette, they ain't nothing."

Well, I guess you can already tell how closed minded this kid is. Seriously, I would see him at a party and would just be laughing my ass off at some of the stupid comments he would try to argue with. :rolleyes:

So anywho, about two months ago my best friend is throwing a kegger and guess who shows up (we still don't know who invited him)? So, I ask him if he wants to see my new car. "You finally bought that piece of s**t F-Body?" No, I stumbled across something better. :D I show him the GTO and he has nothing nice to say about it. Well, you want to go run before we tap the keg? "Yeah, if you feel like losing 20 bucks." Lets make it 50 since you feel so confident. Well, longstory short.....I came back to the party with 100 bucks in my pocket because after his first asswhooping, he said "50 bucks you can't do it again, I totally missed a shift." :)

Some people just don't learn, nor have the intelligence to understand that there is always someone else thats faster.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Phantom05 said:
I know this guy who got a '04 Mach 1 as a graduation/ staying out of trouble present. When he first got it, you would not believe the crap he talked smack on. I used to have my eyes set on buying a LS1 T/A WS.6 and always mentioned that whenever I buy one, we were going to run at the track and see who was faster. "yeah, whatever man. No GM car is going to hang with my Mach." What about a 'Vette? Do you really think you are going to hang with an LS1 Corvette? " F**k the Corvette, they ain't nothing."

Well, I guess you can already tell how closed minded this kid is. Seriously, I would see him at a party and would just be laughing my ass off at some of the stupid comments he would try to argue with. :rolleyes:

So anywho, about two months ago my best friend is throwing a kegger and guess who shows up (we still don't know who invited him)? So, I ask him if he wants to see my new car. "You finally bought that piece of s**t F-Body?" No, I stumbled across something better. :D I show him the GTO and he has nothing nice to say about it. Well, you want to go run before we tap the keg? "Yeah, if you feel like losing 20 bucks." Lets make it 50 since you feel so confident. Well, longstory short.....I came back to the party with 100 bucks in my pocket because after his first asswhooping, he said "50 bucks you can't do it again, I totally missed a shift." :)

Some people just don't learn, nor have the intelligence to understand that there is always someone else thats faster.
HAHAHAHA!!! GOOD ONE :cheers

I could use a few extra bucks.... I wonder if he'll run tme too :lol:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Phantom05 said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Silly little stang drivers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When I came back frm my senior trip sponsored by Uncle Sam, my g/f at the time drove one of those itty bitty little honda cars that you had to push up hill and the rad fan doubled as the blower motor cus the engine was in your lap.

Well, I screwed the hell out of her that week and made her walk bow legged.

What does that have to do with a mustang you ask..... well, I think a mustang could beat that car, as long as the honda is stock :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well instead of a ruststang story a friend of mine bought one of the new charger rt's and was bragging about how fast it was. So i decided being the nice guy i am to give him a chance to see how it would do against a real muscle car. Now i will have to admit that he was able to hang next to me till about 60mph but after that he was all done. I told him after that its agood thing the Duke boys didn;t see him embarass himself. :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
Purple People Eater said:
Well instead of a ruststang story a friend of mine bought one of the new charger rt's and was bragging about how fast it was. So i decided being the nice guy i am to give him a chance to see how it would do against a real muscle car. Now i will have to admit that he was able to hang next to me till about 60mph but after that he was all done. I told him after that its agood thing the Duke boys didn;t see him embarass himself. :cheers
Well good, then my 05 should be able to pull away nonstop from the word go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Having owned an '04 Mach and now an '05 GTO I think I am in a unique position to rate these two cars. A well driven stock 5-speed Mach is a very hard car to beat in the 1/8th mile and properly driven, can beat a well driven Cobra to that point. It is my opinion that the 03/04 Mach-1 is among the top 5 coolest Mustangs ever produced. The car is not a retro wanna be, it is the real deal and worthy of the hallowed (Even among non FoMoCo types) Mach-1 name.

Having said that.... I now own an '05 GTO. Why? Because I made the mistake of test driving the Goat. The new GTO is just that good.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Being a car guy I'll have to admit I like the 03-04 Cobra's and Mach's. I've beaten both, Cobra stock and Mach lightly modded, but they are very worthy competitors. It was about time for Ford to fix the 4.6 modular mistake, and they did a great job. With the 05 Mustang they are again 1 step behind the GM performance car, but they did a great job again with the 3 valve engine. I'm always for a Mustang versus a Ricer. I'll always manage to pull a perfect run when I'm up against a Mustang too, so I'm glad they're around to get the best out of me. All this said the GTO is in a different league, a lot more refined while still having power to stomp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.