Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just gotten my Goat out of the stealership and headed down the Parkway with the cruise set @ 75mph when I see a Porsche sport utility approaching in the fastlane at a great rate of speed. I did what any 6M driver would do, double-clutch into third gear and pursue. What the hell is a Porsche Cayenne Turbo??? I paced him at 120mph and then exited as traffic was thickening.

BTW, I reeled him in so quickly that I surprised myself. Boy, did I miss my Goat. My wife RAV-4 just doesn't have what it takes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My buddy has a Porchse Cayanne. For an SUV they are hella fast.... but no competition for your GTO. He borrowed my Dodge QUAD 4x4 for a week last month so I got his car Cayanne for the month in exchange.... I let my wife drive it... She liked it but wanted her truck back.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
fergyflyer said:
There is three versions of the Cayenne. One is a slow 6 cyl, 0-60 about 8.5 seconds. One is a v-8 with 0-60 in the mid to high 6's. The last is the Turbo. They are not to be taken lightly.
You forgot to mention that they are all butt ugly.

Porsche builds oddly styled sports cars I guess it's no surprise that they created an oddly styled SUV.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes that is true about the 3 versions. My friends is the S with no turbo, just a strong V8. The Turbo is much quicker but still the GTO will whip on it.

I will post some pics of our cars together next week. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
LS2FAST said:
My buddy has a Porchse Cayanne. For an SUV they are hella fast.... but no competition for your GTO. He borrowed my Dodge QUAD 4x4 for a week last month so I got his car Cayanne for the month in exchange.... I let my wife drive it... She liked it but wanted her truck back.
I'd still rather have my (real) SUV. Nice kill! :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
4.5L V8, 450 hp @ 6000 rpm, 460 lb torque, 0-60 5.2, Top Speed 165,
$90,300.00 MSRP

Turbo's top of the heap for Cayenne. Downright Nasty :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
With a Cayenne Turbo, the GTO would only have a slight edge on it. And I don't think they're ugly at all. If I ever need to buy an SUV, the only thing I would consider would be a Cayenne.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't mean "nasty" looking. I mean it runs real good.

Chasis on air suspension, drops a couple inches for high speed. For off road, raises almost three inches for clearance.

Wonder what an oil change costs on that :eek:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'd take the Porsche over the VW Tourareg (sp) anyday. Also beats the Nissan Murano and that hideous Lexus thing. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd take a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 over the Porsche if money mattered, if not, IMO nothing touches the Porsche.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't know... I've seen plenty of GTO's touch Porsche's in terms of acceleration at least. I haven't seen a 911 G3 though, so I'm not sure how that performs.

Goats have gained a reputation now for being bad-ass. Other drivers want to race one to see how it can do, and Mustang drivers are still in denial and always want to race them because the magazines tell them how much faster the the GT truly is than the goat...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.