Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, my GTO isn't here YET... but the dealer has it on the way, hopefully it will be there by mid week and then I'll go pick it up next weekend. Its an '05, Impulse Blue with T56 and 18's. I've been fighting my slow Chebby truck for years now. After WAY TOO LONG and WAY TOO MUCH money its going low 14's at mid 90's, but still not enough, and needs a new radiator, brakes and just about everything else aside from the motor and transmission. It just wasn't reliable anymore, so it was time to sell some stock and get in a GTO! :cheers (the truck is gonna be living at my parent's house now. There is no way i could ditch that thing)

I don't imagine I'll post all that much because I spend most of my time on local forums, but I really like the way the site is divided up regionally! As soon as the car comes in I'll post up pics... I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome Slonlo:

I feel your pain about waiting for the GTO. Mine took about a month to get to me. You'll absolutely love the Goat and this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who will help with questions about your new ride. To get you started...probably the most common issues are with the stock stereo:

1) Turn up your amp gain
2) Turn OFF the "DDL" setting of the stereo.

These two adjustments will be a HUGE help. Run a search on both of them as there are many threads already devoted to 1 & 2 above.

Welcome and enjoy. :cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, black leather. There is an Impulse Blue one with blue leather about 40 mile from my house, BUT its an auto, and T56 is more important than Blue seats. Plus my truck is blue with all blue interior, and people would probably start to wonder ;).

Thanks for the kind welcome! I'll be sure to play with the stereo when I get it, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was kinda on the fence about it. At first I really liked it, then I thought it was way too much blue, then I saw one and liked it again. But like I said, I didn't really care WHAT options it had. The LS2 and the T56 were my only requirements. Everything else is just details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.