Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some majore parts thats break in the drivetrain when you have 600 hp at the wheel got a tran.that will hold 950 hp

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Just about everything! You added 200 hp over the stock stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
If you drag race and or beat on it, I would worry about breaking drivetrain stuff. Also 04's have weaker drivetrain componets after the transmission than the 05-06's. There are many people with stock drivetrain componets with well over X amount of power over stock. I just finished reading about this guy that has 745rwhp that is still on stock drivetrain.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah suppose to get a twin turbo in january and was going to start replacing some things little by little thanks

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Do susupension, wider rims, and good tires before adding that kinda power, or you will just waste it by spinning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello, rear drive train is going to be the weak link. We offer 300m axle stubs and cv's plus an aluminum driveshaft that can handle up to 900hp. We build alot of pieces to help your car perform better. Here is a link to our site. Take a look around and if you have any questions please give me a call.

BMR Fabrication Inc.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts