Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2004 Audi S4, and a 2002 Boxster S. The HP bug has bit me and I need more! :D

Is there anyone else here that came from similar vehicles that bought a GTO?

Goatgirl, I am in Orlando. What kind of deal can you get me? :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
DaleZ said:
I currently have a 2004 Audi S4, and a 2002 Boxster S. The HP bug has bit me and I need more! :D

I traded in a 2003 Mercedes E320 for my GTO and LOVIN' IT!!!!!:D

pm me and tell me what you want! I do give discounts for forum members!;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
He he.. I had a Protege 5 right before i got my GTO. The car was an Awesome handler.. but not enough HP.
GOATGIRL and Dealernut will do you right. I got my GTO from their dealership and they really worked with me and helped me get out of a Galant that i was screwed on.:D

·
Registered
850 Posts
s2gordon said:
He he.. I had a Protege 5 right before i got my GTO. The car was an Awesome handler.. but not enough HP.
GOATGIRL and Dealernut will do you right. I got my GTO from their dealership and they really worked with me and helped me get out of a Galant that i was screwed on.:D
AWWWW! Thanks s2gordon! You just gave me the "warm fuzzies!":eek:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
DaleZ said:

Certainly not slamming German cars, because I know they are still highly thought of, but IMHO Volkswagen quality has suffered a LOT lately. You may be pleasantly surprised by the GTO. To me, it's got the quality of a Japanese vehicle only with 400HP, and I don't think you'll find a bigger bang for the buck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm a Pontiac person, traded in a 2000 supercharged GTP for the GTO, WOW. I love my car.

My GTP was fully loaded and we thought we would miss all the gadgetry, not a chance. Only thing that I have missed at all is the headsup display, it is really different looking to speedo instead of the windshield. Old habits die hard.

Well I guess with gas prices soaring, I do miss the better mileage. Gas stations suck these cars right in off the highway, good thing I got the HP to pass by 'em. :lol:

Monica

·
Registered
160 Posts
gto_lady04 said:
I'm a Pontiac person, traded in a 2000 supercharged GTP for the GTO, WOW. I love my car.

My GTP was fully loaded and we thought we would miss all the gadgetry, not a chance. Only thing that I have missed at all is the headsup display, it is really different looking to speedo instead of the windshield. Old habits die hard.

Well I guess with gas prices soaring, I do miss the better mileage. Gas stations suck these cars right in off the highway, good thing I got the HP to pass by 'em. :lol:

Monica
I still have my '98 GTP for winter driving.

What I miss from it are the heated seats and auto dim rear view.

I was SURE I was going to miss the HUD more than I am. I'm shocked at how much I HATE not having an auto dimming rear view.

Over the summer I will prolly get one with a built-in compass installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I traded a 2003 Evo for my 2005 GTO. Totally different cars. I like the plushness of the GTO versus the stiff suspension in the Evo. Evo would launch like a slingshot with 4wd. GTO is much more likely to break lose the rearend and powerslide off into the sunset

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently have a BMW 330ci zhp!!

Which I love but at the moment have to sell becuase of cutting expences etc, met a wonderful girl and you know what happens.!!

My 330ci has been modified with suspension, exhaust, sway-bars, and some brake mods, which have turned it in a awesome handling car.

Well I have always love the GTO ever since it came out and saw it on the Speed channel test drive with Tommy Kendall. If anybody loves this car you definitely have to see this show, when they test them out to the fullest plus they also show Rhys Millens drift GTO which is awesome.

I currently have my car for sale and had an interested buyer so I hope something happens this week.

My car is definitely not a rocket, but it makes up for superb handling and braking, and i know i will give up some hadling and nimbleness in the GTO, but..

When it comes to power the GTO is hard to beat!! Specially for the price.

Being a huge car nut I am not a die hard fan of a certain mark, I love all cars foreing or domestic, and I certainly Would love to own a GTO.

I believe this car has a ton of potential specially seing converted to a drift car, then you can certainly turn it into a great track car (road course) which i regularly take my BMW, and i will certainly take the GTO too!!

So hopefuuly soon i will join the herd of GTO fans and drivers, and will definitely will be transforming my goat into a awesome beast!! on and of track!

I have driven the car before in a GM event at epcot center with thier annual test drive event they do, i forgot the name, but this is the first time i drove the GTO and was very impressed with everything, specially the quality of the car and all of its power and ergonomics!!

Well soon hopefully my time will come!!

Thanks!!

Pedro:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
once you test drive it it will be in your drive way
:agree

Hi All, I JUST came home from the dealership! I bought it with 24 miles. It's now got 50 ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
:agree

Hi All, I JUST came home from the dealership! I bought it with 24 miles. It's now got 50 ;)

uuhhhhhhhmmm. 79

I'm off to the store to pick up some milk :willy:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congratulations there fellow GTO owner.
I just bought mine less than 2 weeks ago and it has nearly 1,200 miles.
My wife has "stolen it" from me and I now only get custody on the weekends. Just got back from running a few errands...ttyl...

·
Registered
456 Posts
GTOtbird said:
Congratulations there fellow GTO owner.
I just bought mine less than 2 weeks ago and it has nearly 1,200 miles.
My wife has "stolen it" from me and I now only get custody on the weekends. Just got back from running a few errands...ttyl...
Hey there GTOtbird! It's like we're all cousins now. :D Running errands is going to take a little longer from now on I guess ;) Like this morning....

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=7153

I had to buy it didn't I. Oh what have I done? :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
DaleZ said:

Mate

I didn't come direct from this sort of car but had an interim period with a truck and a Mazda 6. I had Alfas when I was working in the UK (and I wish they were still in the US market - for sheer fling-it-around enjoyment it's hard to beat an Italian car)

So that said I think you're going to find this quite a different beast to drive. I think the nearest I can get is that the Goat is a poor man's Aston Martin - it's big, heavier and slightly less refined in it's handling than some of the competetiton , but you'll forgive that most of the time just because it makes you smile when you hit the loud pedal.

In many respects you'll feel quite at home - there's a definite European feel to the interior unlike the Hot Wheels sort of styling found in some other Pontiacs.

If your idea of fun is lots of narrow winding mountain roads the European cars are probably a little less tiring on a trip that involves lots of this. What the Goat doesn't have are the super-sharp reflexes and sweet gearbox that you get in many higher end Euro-cars. It makes up for this by letting you power your way out of the bends in a thoroughly satisfying way (turn off the Traction Control for maxium fun) but you will find you are working harder than you might be in the Boxster on sections where sheer power won't do it on it's own.

Don't get me wrong - this GTO isn't the overpowered, underbraked monster that some vintage muscle cars were, but you can be occassionally reminded that the stock suspension is having to handle a lot more torque and power than the original designers ever envisaged. That it can do so as gracefully as it does is an absolute credit to the engineers at GMH.

The GTO is not a pure sports car. What it can do is get you along the highway very quickly and very comfortably between two points a long way apart. Not much else that costs less than a Jaguar compares as a mile muncher - this GTO is a real honest-to-god GT unlike a lot of other cars that carry the label. Understand that before you buy and you won't be dissappointed.

I thought about mine (which is 2 days old and has 800 miles already) for three months before buying trying to balance what I needed with the pit of the stomach feeling the GTO delivers; in the end I decided I could live with the compromises because this car simply makes me feel good about driving again at a price that's simply unbelieveable given what the car can do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.