Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the mods I want to do to my '06 M6. I'm not building this thing to be a street or strip racer. I just want to change some of the characteristics of the car, make it unique, and the added HP will help when I get the occasional chance to show it off. Your thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

1. Traction control eliminator. The first thing I do every time I start up is turn of TC. If TC is needed (for whatever good it actually does), I will turn it on. This mod will be on order shortly.

2. GMM Rip Shifter. I'm tired of starting a shift in one county and ending it in another...and having to tach it up to stay ahead of the mini-van in the right lane. I'll have this on order within the next couple weeks. I still am flip flopping on whether I will have it installed or do it myself. I don't have access to a lift. Whatever I decide, it will be installed soon.

3. Headers & cam. I think superchargers and turbos are very cool, but I just don't know if they are right for me. I will probably go with a normally aspirated approach. I really, really love the sound of this car, and no turbo or supercharger can replace that rumble. Yeah, the stock GTO shakes a little at idle...I want it to shake MORE!!! :willy:

The headers and cam will probably be mid to late next year. Hell, I've had my car for 4 months, and am nearly half-way to the warranty expiration, so I might as well start planning and researching the mods now.

I was thinking I'll evaluate the stock exhaust after those mods because the headers and cam will certainly liven it up a bit. The stock exhaust is pretty loud the way it is...if in St. Louis, take the 11th street on-ramp to 40/64 west in 2nd gear and stand on it a couple times with the windows rolled down :cheers Damn...if it sounds that loud to others, I'm shocked the GTO is not listed as a leading cause of heart attacks :lol:

The need for a skip-shift eliminator has vanished. My wife refuses to drive the car, and I rarely shift below 3k now, so as the Governator would say, "No Problemo".

Gerry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn...if it sounds that loud to others, I'm shocked the GTO is not listed as a leading cause of heart attacks :lol:
I hear ya...
As my car was being driven into the bay at the body shop (paint work/another story), I was standing behind the car as the dude drove it around the back of the building. I said to myself, "damn that sounds SWEEEET". Since I'm the one always driving, I never got to hear it.

*Shifter--That stock baseball bat goes all over the place. I just drove my buddy's '06 Mustang GT, and the stock shifter on that car was very nice...short throws, and a pleasure to drive. If I hear enough positive feedback about an aftermarket ripper, I'll look into replacing the stock shifter too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i started my mods right after i got mine corsa sport was first then came headers slp lt and just resently the intake and u thought stock sounded sweet . your ? about headers it all depends on what u want shorts , lts. slp ,kooks ect.fig max around $1500. samething goes for cam . now my up coming mods shifter ,skip shift and tune.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the mods I want to do to my '06 M6. I'm not building this thing to be a street or strip racer. I just want to change some of the characteristics of the car, make it unique, and the added HP will help when I get the occasional chance to show it off. Your thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

1. Traction control eliminator. The first thing I do every time I start up is turn of TC. If TC is needed (for whatever good it actually does), I will turn it on. This mod will be on order shortly.

2. GMM Rip Shifter. I'm tired of starting a shift in one county and ending it in another...and having to tach it up to stay ahead of the mini-van in the right lane. I'll have this on order within the next couple weeks. I still am flip flopping on whether I will have it installed or do it myself. I don't have access to a lift. Whatever I decide, it will be installed soon.

3. Headers & cam. I think superchargers and turbos are very cool, but I just don't know if they are right for me. I will probably go with a normally aspirated approach. I really, really love the sound of this car, and no turbo or supercharger can replace that rumble. Yeah, the stock GTO shakes a little at idle...I want it to shake MORE!!! :willy:

The headers and cam will probably be mid to late next year. Hell, I've had my car for 4 months, and am nearly half-way to the warranty expiration, so I might as well start planning and researching the mods now.

I was thinking I'll evaluate the stock exhaust after those mods because the headers and cam will certainly liven it up a bit. The stock exhaust is pretty loud the way it is...if in St. Louis, take the 11th street on-ramp to 40/64 west in 2nd gear and stand on it a couple times with the windows rolled down :cheers Damn...if it sounds that loud to others, I'm shocked the GTO is not listed as a leading cause of heart attacks :lol:

The need for a skip-shift eliminator has vanished. My wife refuses to drive the car, and I rarely shift below 3k now, so as the Governator would say, "No Problemo".

Gerry
That link was a link to heaven.That is the exact sound I want to have and power to also.I think until those mods are in the budget mabey Ill burn a cd and listen to it in the goat

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That link was a link to heaven.That is the exact sound I want to have and power to also.I think until those mods are in the budget mabey Ill burn a cd and listen to it in the goat
I just spent the weekend with my gearhead friends. My bud Chris has two SHO's and a T-Bird he's working on, and I asked him about that video. He just recoiled a bit as if he was shocked I would even consider it :rolleyes: "That's a bit radical, don't ya' think?" Hell, the thing sounds like it idles just fine, so what's the prob? :willy:

Gerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.