Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ladies and gents, this is not going to be a good time to feed our goats at the pumps considering this crisis in the middle east prices will obviously sky rocket like we have never seen. I would not doubt if this could be the beginning of a major fought war epanding to other regions. All I have to say is God bless our troops who protect the USA and my home country ISRAEL.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
IT PISSES ME OFF whenever Isreal gets bad press for either defending itself or for retalyating an attack on Isreal. :mad:

·
Registered
746 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
IT PISSES ME OFF whenever Isreal gets bad press for either defending itself or for retalyating an attack on Isreal. :mad:
+1 Syria and Iran have to go. There is just no question about it anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you believe in the BIBLE and what is written in it. You should know the Jews are God's chosen people. Anyone one or any country that tries to mess with Isreal needs to get real, FAST. Like many I have been watching CNN and other's IT DOSEN'T LOOK GOOD.

We should all pray for America and Isreal and support our troops now more then ever.

·
Registered
53 Posts
raven1124 said:
+1 Syria and Iran have to go. There is just no question about it anymore.
What he said.......................

·
Registered
42 Posts
My wife and I can't understand why so many people get pissed at Isreal for defending their very existance. I would think 99.9% of Americans would not stand for half the stuff that they take. It is easy to whine about things when you are 1,000 miles away in a nice comfy house and not nearly anything to "really" worry about.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I guess the alternative is the French way - give up.

Then again, when a state's (Iran's) official position is to advocate your eradication....what are they supposed to do, commit mass suicide? Will that appease everyone?

·
Registered
746 Posts
MLegere said:
If you believe in the BIBLE and what is written in it. You should know the Jews are God's chosen people. Anyone one or any country that tries to mess with Isreal needs to get real, FAST. Like many I have been watching CNN and other's IT DOSEN'T LOOK GOOD.
Very true, my friend. But you know that Iran, Syria, Palestine, etc. doesn't read the same book we do. This is going to get ugly.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Israel -- but do not have a problem with them defending themselves. They've bent over backwards to make the Palestinians happy -- yet all they continue to do is bitch and moan how Israel screws them. They wanted the Gaza Strip. They got it. So what do they do? Rip out all the crops, burn down all the buildings -- then let a bunch of losers shoot rockets over the borders. Animals.

The root cause of this whole is thing is that after WW2, the UN arbitrarily picked Arab land to establish Israel. Even though the Palestinians and Lebanese were doing absolutely nothing with it -- they've been holding a grudge ever since. And what really P.O.'d the Arabs was that the U.S. promised the king of Saudi Arabia that we wouldn't vote for it at the U.N. -- they betrayed him and said yes. As far as the Arabs are concerned -- they're saying why our land? Why not stick these people in East Germany or something? Why look down on us?

Because of the 60% regional unemployment rate outside of Israel -- all the men do there is cook up ways to stir up crap. And because this situation has been festering for years -- it has become an Arab vs. Jew thing -- which is why the Syrians, Iranians and, yes, even our friends the Saudis, steer money to dirt bags so they can blow crap up and make trouble. After 9/11, when the Pals were handing candy out in the streets -- you ask yourself "don't these people have anything better to do?" The problem is they DON'T.

Let's face it. There will NEVER be peace between the Arabs and the Jews. Never. To give you an idea of how low the Arabs will go -- they actually recruited a retarded kid to commit a suicide bombing. When Israeli soldiers caught him -- he said he didn't want to die and didn't understand what was strapped to him. Sheesh.

On the flip side, as there are always two sides to every story, Israel does some pretty disrespectful stuff to their neighbors -- like consuming all the water from a couple of rivers before it exits the country, builds settlements outside its borders, etc. Those settlements are a crock. That said, does it justify what the Arabs are doing? No way.

As for its impact on the price of gas -- you're looking at another .25 per gallon just because of the raw price of crude -- and it will get worse if some crazy fundamentalist blows up a supertanker.

·
Registered
321 Posts
SJAndrew said:
Well, I'm certainly glad to read that I'm not the only one who thinks Israel gets the shaft.

Israel has been getting screwed since the dawn of time. I for one support them 110%. "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee". Israel is surrounded by mortal enemies that want nothing less than their complete and utter destruction. So if the good ol' US of A can practice preemptive defensive strikes, why shouldn't Israel be allowed to? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as my Mom always said.

Folks, in case you haven't noticed, the world is changing, and the turmoil in the Middle East is just one part of it. Oil (and therefore gasoline) will eventually become a luxury rather than a commodity for the average guy. The Middle East will be war and chaos, and China will be THE superpower and the US will answer to them. Our comfortable upper-middle class American way of life is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Welcome to the global economy. Everyone works for peanuts, you have no benefits, no retirement, health insurance is unaffordable, and by the way, your $45K-a-year job just got sent to Asia or India. But hey, don't feel bad, the company saved so much money by offshoring your job that the CEO and his cronies on the Board of Directors just gave themselves a $8M bonus. Money rules, the rich get richer, and the poor get f***ed. Always have, always will.

Whew... OK, I'm stepping away from my soap box with a huge effort....

KB

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
b_a_betterperson said:
I'm not a big fan of Israel.
To say you are not a big fan of israel is insulting to me as an Israeli but its your opinion, you do not understand what its like and never will understand to live with neighbors who constantly want you wiped off the face of the earth I can guarantee you that citizens of the state next to you does not want to dismember, kill, blow up your wife, child and family members. The US and Israel train with each other during routine military operations to hone skills. I will put money on the fact that not many americans feel the way you do.

·
Registered
746 Posts
lotaguts said:
To say you are not a big fan of israel is insulting to me as an Israeli but its your opinion, you do not understand what its like and never will understand to live with neighbors who constantly want you wiped off the face of the earth I can guarantee you that citizens of the state next to you does not want to dismember, kill, blow up your wife, child and family members. The US and Israel train with each other during routine military operations to hone skills. I will put money on the fact that not many americans feel the way you do.
I feel for the Israeli people. Time after time they have been told to sit on their hands and not do anything. It's time for this to end. I fully support Israel and being in the military myself, would fight beside them any day. Enough is enough.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
lotaguts said:
It's obvious that you did not read the rest of my post.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
raven1124 said:
I feel for the Israeli people. Time after time they have been told to sit on their hands and not do anything. It's time for this to end. I fully support Israel and being in the military myself, would fight beside them any day. Enough is enough.
Totally agree.

·
Registered
53 Posts
raven1124 said:
Very true, my friend. But you know that Iran, Syria, Palestine, etc. doesn't read the same book we do. This is going to get ugly.

Your right, but then thats the problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is where I'm beginning to wonder if my opinions need to be re-evaluated. I've always argued that the religion is not to blame, but the culture that fosters, embraces, celebrates and advocates intolerance and killing. So, what do you do when the culture is the religion (as I've come to believe)?

I wasn't raised in any particular religion. But, I was taught to respect the beliefs of others. This is what is abjectly lacking in that culture...any respect for any different opinion. There is no room for differing opinions. Those who aren't believers are sub-humans who deserve death.

I don't know if there is a peace to be had with these sorts of zealots. I'm sorry to write that realization down...it's so depressing. But, how do you compromise with a person who believes, in his heart of hearts, that you're not even human. And, to make it worse, is willing if not wanting to die for those beliefs?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ah yes the peaceful people of Islam. :rofl: These people have offered NOTHING to the world in the last 400 years. I don't know ANYONE personallythat thinks that Isreal is wrong; and yet turn on the TV and you would think that they are totally in the wrong? WTF? :confused I have known enough ragheads to say that we should just wipe them off the map. (the ragheads that is). If they had our tech know how I know they would nuke us in about .03 seconds!

I fell better...

1 - 20 of 127 Posts