Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in my mirror a beautiful new Roush Mustang trying soooo hard to catch up to show me what he's got. We meet at a light, but it's afternoon drivetime traffic. Not the best of circumstances. Perhaps another day. Anybody know what a 05-06 Roush Stage 1 is made of? How would the GTO do ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twofast4u said:
Did you two end up racing at all or meeting up somewhere to see what he had going on under the hood?
He pulled into a local Ford plant before anything got going. I'll bet I'll run into him again. Would love to see his setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just looked at your gto pics. you have the exact model that i want!!! YOU SUCK!!! hahaha. but any ways yea your car is sick i cant wait till i have enought money to put a down payment on one. what did you pay for yours in full?:willy:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think the Stage I Rousch is rated at 315hp. Someone else here posted that even though it has an aftermarket exhaust there isn't any change in hp.

A GTO will crush a Stage I or II Rousch Mustang. Stage III can present a challenge to a GTO. They can have a supercharger on them, but not always. With the supercharger they are rated at something just north of 400. I saw a road test and it was in the low 13's. I raced a guy with a Stage III supercharged at a local strip. I beat him by .2 and 1mph even though he had a slightly better 60'. I was playing catch-up till the 1000' mark. It was a hot summer hight and he was running 13.6-13.8 versus my 13.3-13.6 runs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fergyflyer said:
I think the Stage I Rousch is rated at 315hp. Someone else here posted that even though it has an aftermarket exhaust there isn't any change in hp.

A GTO will crush a Stage I or II Rousch Mustang. Stage III can present a challenge to a GTO. They can have a supercharger on them, but not always. With the supercharger they are rated at something just north of 400. I saw a road test and it was in the low 13's. I raced a guy with a Stage III supercharged at a local strip. I beat him by .2 and 1mph even though he had a slightly better 60'. I was playing catch-up till the 1000' mark. It was a hot summer hight and he was running 13.6-13.8 versus my 13.3-13.6 runs.
And with the price of that Roush package...once again it proves why our "Goats" are the best performance bang-for-the-buck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.