Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually had a salesman tell me that you can get the GTO with two different motors, and that the ones he had were the good ones, the 6.0 liters. Do salesman really think people are really that stupid. I didnt even bother to correct him, I was just test driving it. I am planning on buying else where.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I once had a female sales person tell me the GTO came with a 4-cylinder engine!!!!!!!!!!! no joke.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
MLegere said:
I once had a female sales person tell me the GTO came with a 4-cylinder engine!!!!!!!!!!! no joke.
One of my biggest pet peeves are car salespeople that don't bother to learn anything about the cars they're selling.

What do they do with all their "down" time, stand around and smoke cigarettes at the front door, waiting like a pack of vultures to "pounce" on the next customer that drives up? That way they can quickly show their ignorance I guess.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At least the sales rep who did my deal was honest in telling me up front, "You probably know a lot more about the GTO than I do"...this is the first one I've delivered". I can deal with that. I appreciate the candor. And he's right...most buyers have done lots of research on this vehicle before going to the dealership.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Probably the salesperson in the original post was getting confused over the 04s vs the 05/06 and perhaps thinking the two different engines were offered the same year.

One thing I used to get annoyed at when going to car dealerships while looking for cars--I would be browsing the lot trying to find higher powered cars (V8, forced induction V6), and the salesperson would offer, "Oh, you should try this 4 cylinder car. 4 cylinder cars are a lot more powerful than they used to be. I'll bet you couldn't tell the difference!". I've actually had this same type of thing happen (not the exact same wording, but the gist was the same) on multiple occasions, with multiple car lots. Each time, the 4cyl car they were trying to show me would be some economy or family car--not even a performance 4.

Occasionally I would test drive one for grins, and of course I would be sorely disappointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.