Pontiac GTO Forum banner

This is a good one

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Clueless 
Probably the salesperson in the original post was getting confused over the 04s vs the 05/06 and perhaps thinking the two different engines were offered the same year.

One thing I used to get annoyed at when going to car dealerships while looking for cars--I would be browsing the lot trying to find higher powered cars (V8, forced induction V6), and the salesperson would offer, "Oh, you should try this 4 cylinder car. 4 cylinder cars are a lot more powerful than they used to be. I'll bet you couldn't tell the difference!". I've actually had this same type of thing happen (not the exact same wording, but the gist was the same) on multiple occasions, with multiple car lots. Each time, the 4cyl car they were trying to show me would be some economy or family car--not even a performance 4.

Occasionally I would test drive one for grins, and of course I would be sorely disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.