Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If you own an 05 and you had it in park or neutral this is normal. The car's PCM will not let you come close to red line unless it is in gear.

·
Registered
569 Posts
3000??? Mine had it's first race with 27 miles on it. By 950, it had been to the track twice and in about 12 street races. Then again, a) I have NEVER had a break in related failure on any of my motors (race or street) and b) a car like this never has it's orignal motor in it long once I get the mod bug :). As everyone knows- EVERYBODY has their opinions on breaking in a motor, so I don't want to get into a drawn out debate about it- that isn't my intention. Hell, I spoke with one guy who has 4000 on his new mustang and still hasn't been above 4000 rpm's because "it isn't broken in yet", then I talk to my engine builder who says 1 complete heat cycle, then vary the RPM's a bit- then drive it like it is meant to be driven :). Like I said, everyone has their own break in myths and beliefs, so I would certainly never tell you not to break it in if that's what you believe and it gives you peace of mind, but telling him he is going to destroy it is incorrect and rude imho. It is his 30k, let him enjoy it how he wants to :).
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.