Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering replacing the Hyundai with a new Daily Driver. The Hyundai is a great car, just absolutely boring. Boring to death.

Ford is looking to move the 2010 Mustang GT right now since the 2011 is such a huge improvement and only about $1000 more.

They have $2500 rebate or 72 months 0 % financing and they must have some manufacturer to dealer money. I say that because a dealer close to me is offering $2000 off on all Mustang GT's and 0% or $4500 off on all Mustangs. In addition Ford sent me a $750 off certificate in addition to all incentives and dealer discounts.

This dealer has a 1 option base Mustang GT with the 3.73 rear differential as the only option. Included in that $495 option is larger brakes with 2 piston calipers and the 3.73 gears. The 29,400 sticker is $26,650 with discounts and 0% financing for 72 months. Additionally the company I work for has a buy American campaign and will give me $500 for buying a new American car.

If it goes down I'll post a pic by Monday.

The only other real candidate is a Cobalt SS and they are just a bit too much of a teenagers car for me.

Cheapest Camaro SS I can find is mid 30's, more than I want to spend and the Challenger is pricey and lacking in performance unless I get the SRT and then it's too much money. I'm not a fan of the Lancer Raliart or the WRX. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is an interesting option but I like the Mustang GT over it and the Mustang faster and cheaper.

I'd like to buy new so a GTO isn't an option. If used were an option there are a ton of C5's in the low 20's with under 25,000 miles, but I want new for my Daily Driver.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Say it aint so!!! Although, my wifes DD is a Charger and I'm trying to convince her to get a Challenger when it's time to trade........:D

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Ferg...real car guys like fast cars...get the Mustang if you must...it has more soul than a lot of cars out there...and that is a STEAL for the Mustang...
Bill

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I definately would have to get the King Cobra. :rofl:

1978 Ford King Cobra Mustang - Classic Show Car - Mustang Monthly

137 hp 5.0 V8. T convertible roof. Classic graphics and big 195/70/13 white letter tires on lacy spoke aluminum wheels.
:rofl: Yeah thats the one! Gota Have It factor for shure. That a disco car for shure. I don't know man you can give those new GT500's a run for their money with a wooping 137hp!

Cheap performance goes to the Mustang. A modded Cobalt SS will torque steer, a Camaro is too expensive to buy and mod. Rallyarts and WRX's are just as expensive as a Camaro SS.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd go with the Mustang GT for certain. I've owned four of them and liked them all. My daily drivers are a KIA and an Explorer (boat puller) but you've got me thinking GT.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Why new with the massive depreciation you're going to take on the car when you roll it off the lot?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was looking for a new mustang before i bought my gto. The mustang is a well built car other than the interior, just a bunch of plastic panels but what do you expect. My brother inlaw has a 07 gt and he has beat the snot out of it for 3 years since brand new and it hasnt gave him a single problem other than replacing tires that he burnt off. I was looking for the best bang for my buck. And the mustang seemed like a good option. The reason i went for the gto is because it was more than $5000 cheaper (used 05) and had 100 more horses stock, its a rarer and nicer car overall. I would be proud to own a mustang or a challenger or a whatever... as long as its american and fast!!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why new with the massive depreciation you're going to take on the car when you roll it off the lot?
I fear used performance cars more than I fear the government. Well maybe more is a bit of an overstatement, but I fear used performance cars at least as much.

Everyone get ready to laugh, but I'm going to buy this one and drive the wheels off it. I plan on keeping it till it hits the 200k mark. Very little track time for it, just enough to see what it does. The Z06 handles the track duty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts