Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got killed by a Procharged SRT8 Charger, the guy was cool he said that it put out around 493hp at the wheels. I think is lap times where in the 1:5x, the fastest in the begginer group, eventully he got moved up. I was behind him for a quick second around a corner a few times and the car looks well planted don't look like too much body roll.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
First time out. You will be blowing doors in no time flat... Raced MotoCross as a kid and for the first 5 months I sucked wind, lapped and lapped and one day the light came on. Left the sport as a decent 125 expert, too many broken ribs...

Keep us posted Justin and thanks for the Vids!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Did he have stock suspension and F1s?

They do have a good stock suspension.

Funny, at first I thought it would be an "I told you so!" Charger kill and then when I clicked on the video, one of the emoticons said "Hello" and for just an instant I thought it was you talking into the camera.

Hilarious.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. He has stock suspension and had DR's in the rear. I think he said it had some type of factory Corsa:confused I'm not sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Haha. He has stock suspension and had DR's in the rear. I think he said it had some type of factory Corsa:confused I'm not sure.
DRs on a road circuit?? You sure?

The Mopar performance catback is made by Corsa for the SRT-8s.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was there and the guy did say that he had drag radials on the back.
That is very weird. Didn't that raise a lot of eyebrows?? Unfortunately I've never had any experience with DRs, but from what I've read, that would be rather silly, right?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is very weird. Didn't that raise a lot of eyebrows?? Unfortunately I've never had any experience with DRs, but from what I've read, that would be rather silly, right?
Hey I raised mine when he said it. I don't have any experience with DR's myself but I would think that they would have alittle bit more sidewall flex than street tires. He probly do alittle bit of drag racing too. I can tell you this he was not afraid to drive his car.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Nitto makes the 555R Extreme in two flavors. One is a drag radial the other is a road course/autocross radial. Both are DOT compliant but just barely. Most people call the road course/autocross version a drag radial when it's really a competition tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts