Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

Just a reminder that this weekend is the Pontiac Southern Nationals. It's going to be on the grounds of the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison (Dallas) Texas. The cars are going to be mingled with the WWII vintage airplanes, some of which will be available for flights (for a price of course).

I even heard rumors of an actual race between a GTO and a P-40 Warhawk. There might even be video of the result showing at the event :D

For more info:
PSN 2013 | Dallas Area Pontiac Association

Bear

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was down at Keller's in Dallas Saturday night and met some of the DAPA members who told me about the show. It looks like a blast and I'm trying to re-arrange my work schedule to see if I can make it at least on Saturday.

Hope to see y'all!

Randy

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
WWII warbirds and musclecars.....what a great combination. If I were anywhere close to local, I'd attend that one for sure. Looking forward to pics/vids!!

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'll be there! Hopefully it will stay under 100 degrees for us!
I hope so too, but at least there'll be plenty of shade inside the hangars, huge fans, and other spots readily available with a/c.

Here's a teaser video, shot from a looong distance :cool
There was a WFAA videographer there covering it as well, and -supposedly- they're going to run the spot -sometime- on the news today. :D

Bear

EDIT: Mrs. Bear called me and said they DID air it on the midday news today :D Hopefully it will be on tonight too.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They ran the video today at noon on the local news channel. I had to work to copy it and transform it into a file I could upload, but maybe "someone" has the technology to get a better quality copy.

Anyway, here it is:

Bear

·
Registered
554 Posts
Flying Bears!

The announcer said that "the car was lucky"! HAH! That airplane didn't stand a chance against the Beast!!! TOO COOL!!! :cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts