Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kinda lucky to be getting mine right now myself. My wife has had her Masters for a couple of years, but couldn't find a job. She has one now, so maybe I'll be able to squeeze a few of the mods in. :cheers

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shop told me they are stainless steel, and therefore don't need coating. So, my question is what is the benefit of coating? Is it for reducing the under hood heat production, or for longevity of the headers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have uncoated kooks that I am going to stick on at approx. 36001 on the odometer. They don't look as cool- but do the coatings discolor over time?
For two hundred bucks you could make a big step in saving up for sayyy a lighweight flywheel and stage 2 clutch :eek: oh wait thats my wishlist

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got my Kooks from Bob at Precision Porting in Florida. He coats them there and ran a group purchase. They were less then $1300 for headers, off road pipes and the coating. Free shipping also. Definately get them coated, why raise the underhood temps even more?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am surprised as to how much heat the ceramic coating keeps in. One day I was checking my plug wires because I got the jba 9mm wires and I accidently hit my hand on one of the primaries and it didn't even burn me. This really surprised me since the car had been sitting for less than an hour and I had recently driven 40 miles worth of city driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.