Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so purchased my 06 3 weeks ago an noticed the p0171 code. exhaust smells rich but it claims lean bank 1. Mods( Cam, Intake, Air Intake, LTs, Magnaflow with cut outs(closed). My guess is its got a tune on it because it runs great. Thats about all I could dig up on it. The rest is like I said Mystery car. Any ideas? ( dont thrash the noobie too much hehe)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If this was diagnosed by a technician then they should know the source of the problem. It could be O2 sensor or injector problem or even the tune could be bad.
If you have not taken to a tuner then I would look for one in your area who has a reputation of being reliable. You have several mods to the car, so a dealer is not the place to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ive had no luck locating a problem. a local tuner is having a dyno day this weekend so maybe he can narrow it down before i start spending money hehe. i hear hes not a big v8 guy but hes been in the bizz for a while so wish me luck fellas. ive also got a friend with hp tuners. if this weekend doesnt work out guess ill be buying some credits and see what we find. thanks for the help. ill keep updating. if anyone is near alabama with some good ls2 tuners pm me about them please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Info Guys. Air Fuel Is Right On The Money. So Im Betting Its A 02 Acting Up. 418whp On The Dyno Today. Word In My Area Is It Reads About 20-25Hp Low. Im Just Glad To See Im Not Lean. Hoping To Track Soon Ill Hop Into The General Section. Thanks Again For The Help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Watch the O2's in real time and you should see the difference between the banks. lower Mv is lean. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts