Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't had a ticket in 7 1/2 years, I'm almost 27 now. I do 80 to and from work everyday on a 65 mph hwy and the interstate, and never drive at the speed limit in town - usually 5-10 mph over. And no, I don't have a radar detector. You just have to know what you can get away with. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can agree W/ the Valentine. There is no equal. Got me from 19 points to 0! and currently still have 0.

http://www.valentine1.com

Thanks to that, I'm now 35, and Full Coverage on my new 05 Cyclone Grey M6 is only about $900/yr. (Within $40 of what my '01 Wrangler Sport costs)

(oh yea, and I live in NJ, one of - if not the worst states for insurance.)

Currently looking at a custom mount for the V1. Found a possibly good one here: http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/ConnectorForRadarDetector.htm

Just got the GTO last night, so, let the mods begin.

ShadesOfGrey

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used to have a Radar Detector, but I found that it made me complacent and lazy. I relied on it too much, and it wasn't as good as common sense and a set of alert eyes. I haven't had a radar detector in about 12 years, and I haven't had a ticket in that time. I know they can be a great asset to any car, but personally, I hadn't had the discipline to stay as alert while I had one. I'll stick with what works for me. The Valentine certainly deserves an andorsement from what I understand.

Good luck cleaning up your driving record. Remember to stay alert, and remember to choose your spots for fun/speeding carefully.

ShadesOfGrey said:
Just got the GTO last night, so, let the mods begin.
ShadesOfGrey
Congratulations ShadesOfGrey, my favorite color (and the one I will get this week as well). Have any pics for us yet?

Peace.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Insurance

I think that the GTO must have some awesome insurance ratings. It appears that everyone gets an unbelievable deal. By unbelievable I am referring to a lower premium than most other new cars on a car that has 400hp.

·
Registered
224 Posts
some of my best friends are cops from the to closest towns as well as all the county and the two state troopers that patrol this area so I really look forward to running up on them flashing my lights and blowing there doors off all while laughing like crazy, and getting a thumbs up from them its a blast, and when I take them for a ride they can't believe the power this thing makes but I guess thats the joys of small town life and knowing people in high places 0 tickets sience day 1

·
Registered
531 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Thats exactly what mine costs, you have Allstate?
Country Insurance & Financial.... though I work for their competitor (which quoted me 577/ 6 mo). I was told the GTO did extremely well in rollover tests and thats a major reason for lower premiums.

On a side note, I talked to a Pontiac dealer over the weekend. I told him I hadn't seen any GTO's around. He said 2 shipped out of state, 2 have been totaled (by drunk owners) and 1 is still around somewhere.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The_Goat said:
Country Insurance & Financial.... though I work for their competitor (which quoted me 577/ 6 mo). I was told the GTO did extremely well in rollover tests and thats a major reason for lower premiums.

On a side note, I talked to a Pontiac dealer over the weekend. I told him I hadn't seen any GTO's around. He said 2 shipped out of state, 2 have been totaled (by drunk owners) and 1 is still around somewhere.
The irony for me with regards to ins. premiums is that I got rid of my 2001 KIA Spectra for my Goat. My KIA had a 125HP 1.8L 4 banger, my Goat a 400HP 6L 8cyl and my insurance went down $75 per policy period (6mo.). Insurance companies are really weird. And all the while I was looking and waiting to get the 05 when it came out, I was dreading what my insurance would go up to. :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.