Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys the one thing I hate about this car is it wasn't a tilt column car. what I would like to know is where I can get one of those. no keyed ignition on the column, just horn and signal really. if you guys have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. used or new.

flaming river seems to be extremely expensive.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Original tilt columns are also very expensive. I'd try ebay or craigslist. If you want one, expect to "pay the price"....

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Do you NEED a tilt column, or just want one? I've never liked them in my cars, as I find the factory fixed position is perfect for me. If I had a tilt column, I'd be setting it right where the standard column is set. If you are a big or very tall guy, yeah, a tilt would probably be a help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you NEED a tilt column, or just want one? I've never liked them in my cars, as I find the factory fixed position is perfect for me. If I had a tilt column, I'd be setting it right where the standard column is set. If you are a big or very tall guy, yeah, a tilt would probably be a help.
yeah dude, I'm 6'3 260. tilt is a necessity. I can get in like it is....but it's definitely uncomfortable and even after I get it...it's not very comfy.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
At your size, a telescoping/tilting column like the old 'vette columns might be a big help. The GM A body columns just pivot up and down, and not a bunch. Try sitting in somebody's car that has factory tilt and see if it's enough clearance before you blow the big bucks on a column. An aftermarket one might be your best bet...........

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't seen one local GTO/lemans around me at all. I'll look around though. I drive a cobra as my other ride and it only has tilt, it doesn't move a lot either, but a little is all it takes.

·
Registered
704 Posts
a smaller steering wheel helps and position the seat on the track back further. use any 65-67 GM A body column but None are cheaper than the flaming river.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts