Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What gets me if a gay person were to say the same thing about a straight guy, think he would get in trouble with his job?:rolleyes:
Funny how our society responds minority threats. I personally have no issue with homosexuals...as long as I'm not getting hit on. :willy: But, yeah...the NBA already banned him from future NBA events. I guess that means no Hall of Fame nods as well.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What gets me if a gay person were to say the same thing about a straight guy, think he would get in trouble with his job?:rolleyes:
How many people have been physically attacked or murdered by gays simply because they're straight? My brother in law's gay -- and he put up with a lot of unprovoked crap before he started punching people's teeth down their throats to shut them up.

As for Hardaway. Total moron. You can have that opinion, but to blab it out on a radio show -- he got what he deserved. And coming from a black man no less. Glad to see civil rights have progressed to the point where he's free to be as stupid as a 50's cracker.

As for a gay person coming out and proclaiming hate for straights -- and getting in trouble at their job? Well, none of them have been stupid enough to do it yet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny how our society responds minority threats. I personally have no issue with homosexuals...as long as I'm not getting hit on. :willy: But, yeah...the NBA already banned him from future NBA events. I guess that means no Hall of Fame nods as well.
So the NBA banned him from all future events because he spoke his opinions in public.

As I understand it, although he may be an opinionated boob, he's on his first marriage, is a devoted father, doesn't beat his wife, has no kids out of wedlock, volunteers for Habitat for Humanity, and is an otherwise upstanding citizen (aside from his narrow christian right view of gays).

Will the NBA also ban all of the felons, philanderers, cheats, bullies and gangsta's from all events? I think not.

It's a sad commentary on society when one gets punished for "bad thoughts" while others, who have committed REAL bad DEEDS go unpunished.

George Orwell, I fear, was correct, albeit about 20 yrs off on his timeline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts