Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its sponsored by the Impalla SS club , its open to any american V8 rwd vehicle weighing 3800lbs or more. I have been going last 4 years and can tell you its a fun event starting from the burnouts around the entire hotel the night before to the dinner and drinks the next night to of course the racing.

Last year there were quite a few GTOs but I dont remember any really fast ones which makes sense considering they had just been released .

If your car is lighter you can add ballast to make the 3800 wieght . I ran a 79 H/O last year and threw 300lbs of sandbags in the trunk.. No traction problems at ALL,LOL..

There are a bunch of bracket classes and top dog of course and overall fastest et. Last year fastest was a Lincoln LSC in the mid 9s.

If you just want to run for fun you can run all day in the test and tune ,if you run brackets and get eliminated you can keep running in the test and tune as well all day. Cant beat that!

This is a lot more fun than your typical "one brand" race event and trash talking is encouraged!

There is also a car show with plenty of trophies for you non racers though why anyone would own a GTO and not race it is beyond me . :D

http://www.sshs5.com/index.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK gang - I'm firing up this old thread. We're a little more than 2 months away from the Southern Super Heavy Shootout #5. The hosts (GASSIT) are getting a little nervous because of the lack of folks that have pre-registered. They have already made one 4-digit payment to Atlanta Dragway and another $2500 payment is due in the middle of September. It costs a pretty penny to rent an NHRA facility all to yourself for a whole day, and they require pre-paid financial commitments to hold the date on the calendar. Unfortunately, there have not yet been enough paid pre-registered to cover this bill.

So far there are only 2 GTOs signed up for the event :confused: I sure hope that more of you decide to make the trip to this excellent event. Besides the Impala SS hosts, there are also some Marauders, Lincoln Mark VIIs, a Crown Vic, and even a Colony Park station wagon registered, so you will have plenty of FoMoCo bretheren there.

I'd like to appeal to those of you that defintely plan to go to this event to PLEASE go ahead and pre-register. It will certainly help to handle the financial burden on the front end. If you are still on the fence, that's OK too, but you will not regret attending this event. Thanks for you help and I hope to see you there!

Register for SSHS5 here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.