Pontiac GTO Forum banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I bought a bottle of that Techtron ? so I'll use that up first....also something cool I talked to MSD and their engineers are working on a prototype advance stop for the MSD vac advance can that was 3D printed so they are sending me one for free so we'll see how and if it works (y)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Great take some photos and share it with the gang. Limiting with a stop is the key!.....If you can, set it for 10 degrees, set the vacumn 2 or 3 degrees below idle vac, and hook to full manifold. Let’s see what they produce.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Try a bottle of that Redline S1 in the fuel tank when you you fill up with fresh summer blend gas.....have a nice cruise in!
Sorry it was Star Tron I'm using not Techtron got my Trons mixed up, hope that's ok to use?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Different...Star-Tron is a stabilizer like Sta-bil,....Techron is a cleaner that will withstand the heat of combustion and clean fuel system.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
So I'm thinking save the Star Tron for last fill up before winter and use the Redline now?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
So bumped the base timing to 13° mechanical all in at 36° @ about 2900 plugged in the vac advance and I get 27° so we'll see how this does in the heat tomorrow, filling up with some fresh 93 octane and Redline S1....also change the oil and filter went with the Rotella 15W40...no clicky clicky anymore when cold 👍 also checked the shifter alignment and the tool slips right in...I guess no more Mr. Niceguy shifting 🤨
p.s. MSD advance stop prototype is in the mail.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Car ran great for the cruise show, 25 miles with some stop and go traffic at 90 degrees outside temp maxed out at 210 but that's with all three fans going and if I would've been stuck in traffic longer I think the temp would have climbed, leaked a little bit out of the overflow can when we parked, never heard any detonation though, maybe I should set it back to 11° base when it's that hot if it will help keep the temp down. Filled up with fresh 93 and Redline fuel treatment.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
you can, but at those either of those settings your timing will not make it run hot. Does your system need a Flush? see my posting on fushing cooling system, Bear made it a sticky. rust inhibits cooling and it don"t take much.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Idk I've had to drain the radiator several times for different reasons, and this is only the third summer on this motor and radiator, running 70/30 water to antifreeze with two bottles of water wetter which is supposed to have rust inhibitors, new Flow Kooler pump two years ago, drilled 160 stat, large two core aluminum radiator, one 16" puller fan 2600 cfm, two 13" pusher fans 1000 cfm each...idk what else I can do but it's better than last year and heck it was at least 90 ° on the way there so maybe that's as good as it gets, nice and cool on the way home at night.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Well I got the MSD vacuum advance limiter today, it's not 3D printed so maybe it's an actual part they're going to start producing...I'll try to get it installed this week 👍

·
Registered
1967 400/400
1,033 Posts
Looks like it will work, gonna have to try and get it right before you locative it in...
I have the same dizzy and I ordered mine from Lars. It hasnt come yet, but I'm curious as to why MSD says it's a pain.

I sure can see that setting theirs would suck... Itll have to be disassembled, "ball parked", reassembled, tested, adjusted, reassembled, disassembled, loctited. I would have plenty of beer and patience.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts