Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to be parking the goat for about 6 months due to deployment here in january but I was just wondering if there was anything that I would need to do before I let it sit for a while or any preventative maintenance I could do so when I come back it'll be good to go. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'd give it a nice wash, check all your fluids and tire pressure, and toss the cover on it. Not sure about any other maintenance procedures.

·
Registered
319 Posts
For that length of time, either remove the battery, or put a battery tender on it. I store mine over the winter and use a tender on it. Also, before you cover the car at least wash it, but if you have time, wax it, too, it will prevent scratches from the cover. Before you park it, put Sta-bil fuel stabilizer in the tank and top it off. Gas starts to go bad in about 3 months, this will make it last until you are ready, and a full tank will not have space for condensation to form. When you park the car, pump the tires up to 50 PSI to prevent flat spots, just put them back to about 35 before you drive it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys, i'm pretty sure this place on base will check tire pressure and keep the battery charged while i'm away so that will take care of that but thanks for everything else, appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
For that length of time, either remove the battery, or put a battery tender on it. I store mine over the winter and use a tender on it. Also, before you cover the car at least wash it, but if you have time, wax it, too, it will prevent scratches from the cover. Before you park it, put Sta-bil fuel stabilizer in the tank and top it off. Gas starts to go bad in about 3 months, this will make it last until you are ready, and a full tank will not have space for condensation to form. When you park the car, pump the tires up to 50 PSI to prevent flat spots, just put them back to about 35 before you drive it.
:agree

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just leave the keys with me and I'll be sure to drive it around a bit and keep everything working great. ;)
Haha yeah sure thing just dont drive it too much it just rolled over 40k pretty depressing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts