Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone recommend or use for cleaning tires and coatings for their finish?

Ive been lazy the past couple of years and have been using tire spray foam from either black magic or megs on my daily drivers. It cleans the brown off and leaves a like new matte finish without the slinging or mess. But I know there is better stuff that cleans better and lasts longer.

In the past I used bleach white that my father had laying around, but it always seemed to brown my tires no matter how many times I scrubbed. I followed that up with armor all, but I quickly learned what I mistake that stuff was. If I could only get my father to stop using it, haha.

I use ultima tire and trim guard on the exterior plastics but hate using it on tires with a large sidewall because it seems like a waste of product.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use the tire foam too; spray on a good amount then go back and wipe off the excess once it's mostly dry. I've heard it's not good for your tires but can't remember why. It's easy and the tires look good afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tuf Shine is the way to go. Best tire cleaner out there and their coating lasts a loooooong time with no maintenance other than wiping the tire down whenever you wash the car.

TUF SHINE Tire Appearance Kit

Application is pretty easy as long as you take your time and get the tire completely cleaned from any previous dressings and dirt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been using a product in a spray can called "Fluid Film" I undercoat my wintah cars/ truck with it,lubes up anything and after the tires are clean..I spray some fluid film on and wipe off....looks and stays good looking !!! It has sheep lanolin in it and will not wash away like many other lubricants. I have been in the Autobody business for 40 years and tried it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts