Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure should I have in my '67?

The reproduction manual I have talks about 4ply and 8ply tires. What about modern radials though?

I figure somewhere around 32 pounds should be good. What do you all run in yours?

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
What tire pressure should I have in my '67?

The reproduction manual I have talks about 4ply and 8ply tires. What about modern radials though?

I figure somewhere around 32 pounds should be good. What do you all run in yours?
Run whatever the tire manufacturer / tire shop recommends. The original factory specs assumed the tires would be the factory-supplied tires.

Bear

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I checked the pressure and it was 33 pounds. That engine must be wicked heavy because the fronts bulge so much more than the rears.
Fronts will always bulge more because of the weight of the motor. May want to go up to the tires max rating(guessing 35psi?) and watch your tire wear. If the center of the tire starts wearing quicker than the edges, lower the pressure. If the edges wear quicker, increase the pressure(Don't exceed tire rating). If the tire wears evenly, perfect!

I run 35 with my BFG T/A's. Seem to wear evenly....

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I run at least 32psi front and rear, radial tires. On long trips with a full load, I run 36-40 in the rears and 35 in the fronts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts