Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experimented with my tire pressures. I am running Toyo Proxes (17" Stock size). I lowered frts. to 33lbs and rears to 30 lbs. Was at 35 on all 4. I see a positive difference in the way the car handles and the way it leaves from a stop when I nail it. What pressures are you running? How is car handling in cold weather?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have settled on fronts at 31 and rear at 29/30 (warm) on the factory BF Goodrich tires. That is about the best I can get them and they still handle like chit! As soon as I round up $1K that is the next mod I am making.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Running 40 psi all around.......a little rough on the ride but worth it IMO. I have the new Goodyear F1 G3 D3's.

JET

·
Registered
178 Posts
Russ2005 said:
I have settled on fronts at 31 and rear at 29/30 (warm) on the factory BF Goodrich tires. That is about the best I can get them and they still handle like chit! As soon as I round up $1K that is the next mod I am making.
Want a good deal on tires? go to www.discounttiredirect.com. They come with free shipping. Take them to your local discount tire or any tire store and have them installed. I saved $20 each that way on my drag radials. Be sure to buy the free replacement certificates. It's worth it. I got nails in the sidewalls the third week I had them.:party:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.