Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything I should be aware of with this tire?

245/40/18 Nitto NT-555 tire

Looking for a good street performer, but since daily driver, don't want to sacrifice ride/comfort too much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's a good choice in tires. Very good performance and handling with a pretty good tread life. If you have a bit more money though, I'd recommend the NT 555 R. Gives better performance with, in my experience, about the same tread life. I personally have used NT 555 R's on most of my cars, and I love them.... they've never let me down yet :D

Otherwise I'd say the basic NT 555's are a great choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
555R's are drag radials. Don't use them for daily driving. They are terrible in the rain and are made for straight line performance....meaning they have very little sidewall stability. Treadwear is rated 100 for the 555R's and 300 for the 555E.
Another choice is the 555R II E. This is a road racing tire that has soft compound like the 555R but has better sidewall stability. This tire has a treadwear rating of 100.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you are on a budget, you might consider the Kumho ECSTA ASX. Another very well rated tire is the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S. They perform will as a daily driver in wet and dry conditions and have good performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts