Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new rallye II wheels for my 69 gto convert. The ones that were on it when I bought it were the dog dish style and were completely roached. The tires were also dry rotted. The sizes I picked are for the fronts I bought 15x7's and for the backs I bought 15x8's. My gto originally had red lines on it from the factory but I do not have the funds to buy such expensive tires at this moment. So what I am wondering is what size tires would fit nicely for the fronts and backs? Is there a standard size people use for 15 inch rims on gto's. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I can tell you what I'm running on my 69 hardtop, but it's not a guarantee they'll fit your car. It's always best to measure your own car with something like a Percy's Wheelrite Tool (google it).

I'm running 15x7's on the front with p245/60-15 BFGoodrich, 15x8's on the back with 275/60-15 Nitto Drag Radials. Everything fits.

Bear

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have BF Goodrich Radial TA 245X60 15's all around mounted on 15X7 Rally II's on my 68 and have no clearance issues. Still plenty of room for more meat in the rear if I wanted to go that route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the great info. Jvm. That is the exact tire I thinking about going with. Except I will have 275/60-15 I'm the back and 245 in the front. I'm glad to hear these will work for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts