Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm having some issues with a 37,000 mile 2005 M6 GTO I got about a month ago. It seems I have a little problem with the front wheels which are stock 17s wrapped in new Bridgestone rubber (from the dealer I bought it from). On the driver's side, when I jack the car up and spin the wheel by hand, there's a noticeable audible drag from the brakes. With a moderate amount of effort, the wheel will spin about 3 times before it comes to a fairly abrupt stop. On the passenger's side, the wheel goes about 5 times before it eases to a stop and there is no audible drag from the brakes. What could cause the brakes to drag on one side but not the other? I started investigating because I always heard a faint whirring sound when I have the windows open and I go around corners, usually when I make right turns. I did notice a little spot where the tire rubbed the inner wheel well on the passenger's side but I don't think this is the sole cause of the noise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jtothefletch

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm having some issues with a 37,000 mile 2005 M6 GTO I got about a month ago. It seems I have a little problem with the front wheels which are stock 17s wrapped in new Bridgestone rubber (from the dealer I bought it from). On the driver's side, when I jack the car up and spin the wheel by hand, there's a noticeable audible drag from the brakes. With a moderate amount of effort, the wheel will spin about 3 times before it comes to a fairly abrupt stop. On the passenger's side, the wheel goes about 5 times before it eases to a stop and there is no audible drag from the brakes. What could cause the brakes to drag on one side but not the other? I started investigating because I always heard a faint whirring sound when I have the windows open and I go around corners, usually when I make right turns. I did notice a little spot where the tire rubbed the inner wheel well on the passenger's side but I don't think this is the sole cause of the noise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jtothefletch
Search strut dub for your tire issue. Everyone has it. I'd reaplace the RR bushing, strut mounts, and bump stops. Be ready to cry when you shell out $$$$ for it though.

As far as the brakes. One side can hang because the slid pins need greased. There are other things it could be but that would be the first on my list since its 30 minutes of work and $5 for brake lube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts