Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member and 1st post so here goes...
I have noticed that both front tires are rubbing the paint off of the "lower spring housing", I dont know technical term for that, but its also making a mark on inside of tires. Took it to the dealer, not getting into long story...had 1 tire blow already..., but eventually Manager agreed to have some rep come look at it. Suppose to call me back in few days so we will see. I know the tolerance is not much due to tire size, but its not suppose to be rubbing!!
Anyone have this problem? or ideas?
17000 miles, no changes in alignment, no pulling etc.

Thanx and glad to be the newest member

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is a common problem but I have not heard of anyone having it cause a blow-out. Mine has a minor rub and was considering taking it to the dealer to get the alignment checked. The 18-inch OEM wheels come with 235 tires vice 245. Make sure what every replacement tire you get is equal to or narrower than the OEM KDWS's. Do a search on this and other GTO sites to get more info. Keep us updated with what the dealer says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.