Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 69 with stock ride height can you run 235-60-15 tires with out any rubbing issues using 15x7 wheels? The 69 I am buying has the 14" wheels with red line tires. I am thinking about trying to go with a 15" set up but not sure if it will all fit.

Thanks
Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
That's what I'm running on my 69. Now and then in tight turns, the outside edge of the tire will just kiss the lower edge of the front wheel opening. It hasn't been frequent enough or bad enough for me to actually DO anything about it, in fact I usually forget about it until I'm driving the car and it happens...

They say the memory is the first thing to go when you get olde. I forget what they said the second thing is.... :D

Bear

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tight turns as in when parking or such at slow speeds and not while normal driving? If so that should not be a issue. I have a almost new set of 235-60-15s and figure I can buy a set of 15" wheels and use them. I have a Boss 302 in the back of the shop they would fit but it might be years before I get around to doing it. I'm thinking either a set of 15" rally IIs or possibly the old school Keystone mags. I think either would look good on the GTO with the white letters.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I had the 235/60/15 on 7in Cragers on the front of my '68 and would get some rubbing occasional when I would cut the wheels hard when backing. I ended up selling them and went with the skinny 205's on a 6 in crager on the front and the wide 275 on a 8 in crager on the rear, I like the look, Goodyear Eagles. The 235's on the front were just a minor problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts