Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my/my dad's 70 Judge has Cragars on it. They are about 40 years old and pretty tarnished with some rust. But I think I can clean them up. They are H50-14 tires (Fat tires on 14 inch rims). Are those still around?

Also, (if I did decide to go with new/modern rims) what have you guys put on your cars that don't look ridiculous? any good websites you recommend?

(Looked around the forum and couldn't find much on this for the classic goats. Sorry if I missed it.)

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I never heard of an H50....not to say that they didn't exist. N50 was the short fat ones If i remember correctly. The tire dimensions may still exist. Look at COKER TIRES, FIRESTONE, and BF GOODRICH....most all tires now use some sort of metric system such as 275/60-14 for this kind of tire. you can also google in "TIRE SIZE CONVERSION CHART" and find out what you need. Eric

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
any of the classic rims look good on our cars (cragar, Keystones, Rally 2). if you order new you will want 15x8" with a 4.5" backspacing for the best fit of wide tires in the rear 245-255/60 R15 back and 235/60 R15 front seem to be a popular choice for the street. (thats what i am running with Billet Specialty wheels)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts