Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the story.

a couple of years ago i decided to trade in my 94 honda prelude for a 01 isuzu trooper. i leased the trooper. about 10 months into my lease i fell in love with the acura TLs. i traded my lease in for a 5 year lease on a TL. now
i have a 03 acura TLs with 52000 miles on it. i pay about 462 a month and still owe apprx 28000 on the acura (i know).

went to GM yesterday to see what they can do for me. they offered me 0% for 72 months at 619 a month. with a grand down.

what to do?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you like the GTO better than the Acura? Can you afford the grand down and the monthly payment? If the answers to these questions are "yes", BUY IT! You will love the GTO!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Something is not right here. I financed my entire GTO purchase, including taxes and fees, with a 5-year 2.9% GM loan and am paying $418 per month. I don't know anything about how leases work or how to get out of them early but I think you better see another dealer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stay Away That Works Out To Be 44000 Tell That Guy To Bound Salt I've Been Haveing The Same Problem With A Dealer That 2 Weeks Ago Was Going To Lease A Gto To Me For 200 A Month With 1500 Down I Called Yesterday And The Price Was Now 389 A Month ( Lease ) With 5500 Down The Dealers Are Try Now To Make Up Some Proffit Since Sales Went Up With The Rebates

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI, the deal doesn't sound great because part of his payment is still going to pay off negative equity on his past cars which he has traded in early. He said that his Acura TL still had $28,000 on the note. He probably had some payments rolled into the loan from that car since he terminated his Isuzu's lease early too. Therefore, his payments are really high on the GTO!

Brimm, I hope you really enjoy your new GTO! At least try to enjoy it enough to stick with it for 72 months to get out from all that negative equity and get yourself back to even. If you can afford $619 a month, you could be driving any number of really expensive and nice cars (more so than the GTO). Since your payments come to $44568, you could essentially be driving anything that costs that much plus the value of your trade in 6 years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well like i said. i already bought the car and so far i like it. a couple of questions though.

is there anyway that you can remove the front license plate frame?

what is the best way to get the seatbelt away from my neck? (only 5'6 tall)

what is the break in period?

and any useful recommendations?

JFI the dealer couldnt find the manual. so i have to wait till monday.

Brimm-

·
Registered
39 Posts
Answers for Brimm

The front license plate bracket is removable. We don't need them in florida and mine was in the trunk with the instructions on how to mount it. if you can't figure it out, email me and i will fax you the instructions on how it mounts.

Not sure about the seat belt.

Owners manual says take it easy on engine and brakes for 250 miles.It probably does not matter that much with new engines because of modern manufacturing so long as you don't keep a constant speed for long times or really jump on it. Most cars have a few miles from the dealer and test drives usually aren't sedate.

The car is pretty intuitive. A few odd things. Pull out on the headlight switch to turn the fog lights on. Some of the info center settings are hard to figure out (play with it after you get the manual). it tokk me awhile to get the speed buzzer turned off and the horn to sound when i pressed the remote. the small button below the lever on the top outside of the front seats moves the seats forwards and backwards so people can get into the back. if you press the load button on the radio and hold it for two seconds it will let you load six discs rather than one at a time. cruise control is way different to set and use then other GM cars,

enjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts