Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As some of you know, I'm seriously considering an 05 GTO, does anyone have any videos, perferably "in car" videos? I don't want to go down to the dealer until I'm 100% ready to buy. I hate stealerships. In the mean time, does anyone have, or can get some vids, of some WOT shots?

I've seen a few of 03-04 cobra's and those are more then impressive, I'd like to see what the GTO's are like.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased a loaded black 2004 Cobra Convertible. They were described as Z06 killers. Not hardly! I was very disappointed in the ride, drive, handling and real world power. I also drove one in a road race........very disappointing. Watch last years T1 race at Mid Ohio when all the vettes beat the 04 Cobra. The Cobra's do look mean. I will give you that!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why would you want a video when you can go test drive one?!?! There are enough GTOs around that you can visit several dealers. I test drove 3 before I bought.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well It'll have to wait until this fall to winter before I can do anything, and I don't want to waste the dealers time, or mine. But I'd still like to see some in action.

And what I was refering to the Cobra about was the in car vids, nd how fast they can be.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Clevite 77 said:
Hi all,
As some of you know, I'm seriously considering an 05 GTO, does anyone have any videos, perferably "in car" videos? I don't want to go down to the dealer until I'm 100% ready to buy. I hate stealerships. In the mean time, does anyone have, or can get some vids, of some WOT shots?

I've seen a few of 03-04 cobra's and those are more then impressive, I'd like to see what the GTO's are like.

Thanks Guys
Could not find a video on the 05 GTO, here is a video of the slower, less powerful 2004.

http://www.cartek.net/videos/brentgto1068.wmv

Here is another;

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/f/Video/gto1.wmv

This is a good one!

http://www.therythersonline.com/Video/gtocomp1.wmv

·
Registered
165 Posts
Clevite 77 said:
Well It'll have to wait until this fall to winter before I can do anything, and I don't want to waste the dealers time, or mine. But I'd still like to see some in action.

And what I was refering to the Cobra about was the in car vids, nd how fast they can be.
I test drove the 04s every week for about three months waiting for mine to come in. The dealer was real cool about letting me take one out for a spin without him with me. I know I'm proabably the exception rather than the rule because I have a good relationship with my salesman. We've bought three cars from him and will be buying a fourth when the 06s come out. You truly don't appreciate the car until you have taken it out for a spin...IMO!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
115 Posts
Clevite 77 said:
Hi all,

Thanks Guys
Go to ls1gto.com and scroll down to Multimedia. There you will find plenty of 04 and 05 GTO pics and videos. http://www.ls1gto.com :cool

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Everyone thanks for the clips, they were awesome.
I'm going this weekend to check them out more in person. I'm still quite up side down on my Regal, I just bought it a year ago, and also bought the 2 yr 50K mile extended warranty, so I'm guessing I'm about $3-4K in the whole.

I'm even thinking I may lease for a year or so and buy it outright later (just a thought)

Braman'sGTO - How can the GTO have the same drag coeficiant, as a vette? I would think the vette would have less. Is .05 drag coeficiant verry much? Thanks for the info.

C5ORGTO - I'll have to check it out, wouldn't be the first cheesy movie I've seen
Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
The drag coeficiant on late model mustangs is 0.36CD, the 05 is even worse. The C5 has a coeficiant of 0.31CD and the GTO is also 0.31CD
Where did you find those numbers? If the GTO is really as low as the Vette, it kills most of the talk that F-body owners had about their cars being slicker.

·
Registered
316 Posts
http://pontiac.jbcarpages.com/GTO/2004/index4.php Now this page list the DC for a GTO and several other cars. It has the numbers for the C6 Vette but not the C5, you'll have to do some digging for that one. You have to keep in mind that what looks aerodynamic is not alwayse the case. A perfect example of this is the 300C versus the Viper. If you look long enough and you dont mind a little bit of technical reading you should come across a page that explains DC, I also came across a paper that stated if you put a 2 inch vailance/air devlector, or what ever you want to call it. Basicaly something that allows less air under the front of the car, it will drop the DC on the GTO to 0.29cd and that is just one point away from the C6 Vette. if I can find the site I will post it. Good Hunting

http://www.darklair.com/cd.html Here is another site with some more numbers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The F-bodies were not very good aerodynamically. That's why the NHRA guys went away from the Camaro and Firebird in Pro Stock -- and went with Cavaliers and Grand Ams instead. Supposedly Warren Johnson will be coming out with a GTO Pro Stock. As for the Mustang, I still want to know what in the heck the numbers for that aeropig are. Don't know if any of you guys heard it or not, but the six-figure Ford GT's number is something completely ridiculous like .39 or .40.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Info on the GT is rather elusive, the DC on the original GT40 is 0.43cd and on the same site I fund a statement that they were shooting for a DC of under 0.39cd. Now this is 2 cars that Ford has brought back and they are proving to be an aerodynamic night mare, any of you still want the GTO to be a throw back. I dont care what you do to the look of the 67GTO or even a judge the chances of getting a decent DC out those bodys is slim to none.

·
Registered
38 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
You truly don't appreciate the car until you have taken it out for a spin...IMO!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers
Aint that the truth. We test drove a an '04, and oh my was that fun. My bride has been wanting a Cobra for a couple years now, and those dreams have been dashed against the rocks in favor of a Goat. I'm thinking his/hers GTO's. :party:

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
so glad you came over to our side ,the GTO is so much more fun to drive and there aren't as many of them on the road as the cobras,you will love it every ti me you start it up, you'll look for excuses to go drive it, like me, my husband bought me a 05 yellowjacket!!!!!!BUt now he wants one for himself too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.