Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to get opinions on a pinstripe idea for my 66 GTO. My car is mostly original, the only modifications are radial tires and tri-power. Otherwise, it looks completely stock and candidly I like it and I get a lot of compliments on it originality. However, I am considering adding a pinstripe that would also essentially be an arrow (arrow head at the front and a feather or two at the rear). The intent is that both ends would be discrete and not be the focal points of the overall pinstripe.

Question: Am I now modifying/personalizing the car and taking away from it's originality?

Car is Candlelight Cream and I'm thinking a dark stripe.

Thanks,
Tim

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
You should have a single, thin black pinstripe already from the factory, if it's original paint. They really set off a car, especially a light colored one like yours. A friend of mine had his gold '65 striped at a local auto show by a pinstriper for $100. Money well spent, really looked great. Just a stock, thin black stripe.

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
When I bought my '67 it didn't have the stripes and I took it down to Roundville in Berdoo and had Lil' Louie stripe it.
It was 100 bucks + 5 bucks each to have the rocker emblems freshened up.
It really is the finishing touch and the car just didn't look right without it.
Before and after pics.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts