Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pics yet, wasn't ready at lunch time. with my luck it'll be tomorrow. should have expected this. I'm refusing to take any more pictures until i get the thing home.

cost for everything was $5500. At first i thought i was getting ripped off. I now realize i'm getting a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sumamabitch, today wasn't the day. Hopes dashed, spirit crushed. it's motorcycle time :willy:

eric, check out 1968 LeMans Project for details of what they did. i'm happy with the price. As I said, was pretty ticked off at first thinking it just needed minor work and paint. turned out to be a lot more involved.

crusty, wheels are fixed, about 85% of how i would like them to be, but it's mostly from the 2nd layer of clear making the centers look a LOT more glossy than I wanted.

here's hoping for tomorrow...

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
sumamabitch, today wasn't the day. Hopes dashed, spirit crushed. it's motorcycle time :willy:

eric, check out 1968 LeMans Project for details of what they did. i'm happy with the price. As I said, was pretty ticked off at first thinking it just needed minor work and paint. turned out to be a lot more involved.

crusty, wheels are fixed, about 85% of how i would like them to be, but it's mostly from the 2nd layer of clear making the centers look a LOT more glossy than I wanted.

here's hoping for tomorrow...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well...the car's done, that's the good news. the bad is the weather in houston. I'd really prefer NOT driving her home in the rain. One day of spot free paint would be great. Have to wait till friday now :(

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today (REALLY) is the day!!!

Car's done, sun's poking through through the clouds a bit, storm front's passed and i get off work at noon. Finally time to run some gas through the carb and see how she does after almost a year in the shop :party::party:

just in time for halloween :D

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
WELL.........it's 2:15 for crying out loud....

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Really, what gives? You've had your car since around noon. Yet you haven't reported back to us yet. So this is how it's going to be? Get the car and blow the rest of us off from here on out ?:willy::willy::willy: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
man that's a pretty good deal. did you know em beforehand or is that what they would charge the public. i know every car is different and will cost the same, but that's not bad at all.

were they able to give you somewhat of an estimate before?

i'll be movin to the dallas area but it may be worth the drive.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry guys, I just burned a tank. Much love and all, but hey...priorities. Everything feels a bit loose but i have been driving a brand new truck around for the past year. engine's gonna need some love. I'm hoping the pertronix unit will perk her up some.

blah blah blah, yada yada, pics at the blog 1968 LeMans Project

:party:

:seeya:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts