Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Tonneau for 67. Good idea or bad...

890 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ROGTO67 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying for my 67 just not sure if its a good idea. I am restoring the car and gonna keep it stock. All input is appreciated. Thanks OG

#2 ·
This was an option, although super rare. The original tonneau had a ton of snaps...the male portions of the snaps are all over the stainless trim around the cockpit,as well as on top of the dash. Cool option, but very expensive to have one made, and very difficult to find the "correct" patterns. There was also a strut that went across the cabin to support the center section of the tonneau. Not sure what this looks like or how it was constructed. A noble undertaking, but also pretty invasive when you think of drilling all those holes and mounting all those fasteners. Personally, if the car never had the option, I wouldn't do it. There is some scant information on this on the "other" forum....performanceyears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.