Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was on the way to the store when i see lights in my rear view. turns out to be an awd turbo evo. we went from a roll and i end up getting him pretty good. thought it would be closer mine being stock, but what the hell, my first kill! the evo did sound pretty mean though. maybe just a bad driver?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
What speed were you at? Did 3 honks come into play?

Evos are pretty hard to catch from a stop but from a roll its a different story, especially if its past the second gear. The AWD really gets ruled out at high speeds, and GTO's being the "top-end" monsters that they are, its just not as close as one would think at high speeds. Good kill!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was from a roll on three honks. he stayed with me for a little bit, but as you said when i got into my top end power, it was all over

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
There are EVOs all over the place down here. I get sick of seeing them. Blue seems to be the most popular color with the gold rims, I've seen several black ones and several white ones as well. The only kills I've had with them were already traveling at interstate speed and I just blew them off the road from a 70 mph roll. I'm still waiting form my first EVO experience. Awesome kill Bro!!! Keep those damn ricers at bay!!! :party:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good kill. My GTO A4 took out a STI a couple of weeks ago no problem from a roll. That's definitely not their strong point but just a few minor mods(reflash, turboback exhaust, etc...) has them running away from a GTO like mine easily. The Rally Cars definitely have my respect.

·
Registered
342 Posts
AWD can only correct so much driversuckage.

in my old 97 z28, w/ 200k+ miles, few bolt ons, i was at the track and pulled a newer blue one out of the hole and down the entire strip. he ran 14 flat i ran 13.8, trap speed about the same ~100

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
yah, in general an evo will take you from a dig, but i have seen a few at the strip were the drivers have absolutely no clue how to launch them, and end up bogging really hard. That's got to be embarrassing!
Maybe if the race is until 40mph :lol:

But it all reality, 05-06 GTO's and Evo IX's are pretty close in the 1/4, with the GTO having a small advantage. The Evo will take off on us at first, but don't forget that the 0-60 times are nearly identical on these cars, and is recorded just as we would be passing them by. I ran my friends Evo IX a couple times, results are the same, he jumps, but I would reel him at about 3rd gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts