Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work a gt 500 pulled up next to me and gave me a rev, light turned green and we were off i took him up to 70 and we both let off, he gave me a thumbs up and we were on our way, im pretty sure he would of taken me top end since hes got 100 more horsies and i only have an A4 but reguardless he probably feels like a punk for getting beat to 70... Two days before that i raced the new mustang GT's this guy was cocky ass hell driving like an ass to catch up to me, when he finally lines up at a 45mph roll , he gets the doors blown off of him. I guarantee he went to trade that thing right back in for somethin else. I HATE FORD but i LOVE SMOKING THEM! - 05 A4 with Lingefelter Intake, Magnaflow X Pipe to 3 inch Pipes To Flowmasters

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
On my way to work a gt 500 pulled up next to me and gave me a rev, light turned green and we were off i took him up to 70 and we both let off, he gave me a thumbs up and we were on our way, im pretty sure he would of taken me top end since hes got 100 more horsies and i only have an A4 but reguardless he probably feels like a punk for getting beat to 70... Two days before that i raced the new mustang GT's this guy was cocky ass hell driving like an ass to catch up to me, when he finally lines up at a 45mph roll , he gets the doors blown off of him. I guarantee he went to trade that thing right back in for somethin else. I HATE FORD but i LOVE SMOKING THEM! - 05 A4 with Lingefelter Intake, Magnaflow X Pipe to 3 inch Pipes To Flowmasters
In this case, you beat the driver obviously. Especially considering you launched on him and took him to 70. Hes driving a supercharged car with a solid rear axle... he definitely should have walked you from 0 to 70. With your mods its still unlikely that your car can beat his. If you were ahead of him from 0-70, chances are you will stay ahead once you hit tripe digit speeds. Good kill nonetheless.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Agreed, classic better 60ft than him. Nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i dont think so, the gt500's are 0-60 in 4.5 to 4.6 , thats a stock goat, i think goats are just more kickass especially for the money

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ya i dont think so, the gt500's are 0-60 in 4.5 to 4.6 , thats a stock goat, i think goats are just more kickass especially for the money
Your right about goats being a better bang for the buck. The GT500 is extremely heavy, over 2 tons with a driver. The 0-60 is 4.5, but don't forget the 1/4 mile.
Stock it runs 12.7 at 116, and although with a 500 hp supercharged engine its not too fast, it still beats our stock goats. The fact is, at those speeds half a second is quite a number of cars apart from you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's not pissing on anyones parade. Anyone that thinks a lightly modded LS1 is gonna beat a GT500 with equal drivers is just silly! I've beaten many cars at the track that were way faster than me. A Zo6 for instance. I know for a fact the Zo6 is the better car but I was the better driver. I think it's more satisfying to beat the driver. Then just have the fastest car.:cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have an ls1 blue beast, i have a ls2 with a lingenfelter intake, magnaflow x pipe, flowmaster exhaust, and bfg kd's which combined with my a4 make my car jump off the line real quick,and ya trap speed is different, but around town you dont usually arce for a quarter mile, so therefore gt500's blow

·
Registered
282 Posts
Given a choice I'd prefer to race at the track. Safer and no chance of some cop ruining your fun but to each their own. Sorry bout calling your car a Ls1. (not that the ls1s are a bad car) Seen A4 and thought you ment 04.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its all good and so would i , but im not going to drive an hour to pay money to drive fast and still have to wait for only a couple runs

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
its all good and so would i , but im not going to drive an hour to pay money to drive fast and still have to wait for only a couple runs
:agree

Nearest racetrack is 1 hour from my area. I hardly even floor it, count it twice a month to be honest. I only do so when in the right circumstances.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's not pissing on anyones parade. Anyone that thinks a lightly modded LS1 is gonna beat a GT500 with equal drivers is just silly! I've beaten many cars at the track that were way faster than me. A Zo6 for instance. I know for a fact the Zo6 is the better car but I was the better driver. I think it's more satisfying to beat the driver. Then just have the fastest car.:cheers
This lightly modded ;) LS1 has wacked one GT500 at BMP (¼ mile) on 3 different occasions. I was on street tires and he was on MT drag radials. I was trapping 110 to his 104-106.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This lightly modded ;) LS1 has wacked one GT500 at BMP (¼ mile) on 3 different occasions. I was on street tires and he was on MT drag radials. I was trapping 110 to his 104-106.
Ok you tell me whats wrong with what you just typed??? Do you really believe a GT500 will have the same trap speed as a regular Mustang GT? There is a big difference between beating a bad driver and having enough firepower to beat a more powerful car. Heres a link from motortrend and even these guys could get a [email protected] babying the car down the 1/4. These numbers are for the old 500HP model Shelby as well. Sorry but a cold air intake & tune isn't going to have a goat trapping 114. The same magazine got [email protected] out of a LS2 goat. 106 sounds a little slow to me. I'd expect 106 to 108. But still you get my point.

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Specifications - Comparison - Motor Trend

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 Vs. 2005 Pontiac GTO - Engine, Acceleration, Handling - Sport Coupes Comparison - Motor Trend

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you guys argue about dumb stuff too much, these forums are all about talking about our goats and helping each other when we need it, f*** ford's dont bring that weak stuff into these forums haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok you tell me whats wrong with what you just typed??? Do you really believe a GT500 will have the same trap speed as a regular Mustang GT? There is a big difference between beating a bad driver and having enough firepower to beat a more powerful car. Heres a link from motortrend and even these guys could get a [email protected] babying the car down the 1/4. These numbers are for the old 500HP model Shelby as well. Sorry but a cold air intake & tune isn't going to have a goat trapping 114. The same magazine got [email protected] out of a LS2 goat. 106 sounds a little slow to me. I'd expect 106 to 108. But still you get my point.

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 - Specifications - Comparison - Motor Trend

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 Vs. 2005 Pontiac GTO - Engine, Acceleration, Handling - Sport Coupes Comparison - Motor Trend
I have quite a bit more than a cai/catback now chief, but if you want to think those are my only mods, go ahead. ;)

I know that it was a GT500 because it looked like one, I talked to him at length and even asked that question after the first race, and then poked around in his engine bay, driver's seat, and trunk, all the while he was borrowing my tire pressure gauge. He wasnt too thrilled about loosing to my goat, but he did give the mistress her props. The first race I killed him out of the hole and kept pulling through the big end.

I know what his traps were because I ran him 3 times on video (care to watch them?) then watched him make about 2 dozen passes while I let my goat cool down. For the record, LS2s that night were struggling to get into the 13s, as I watched 3 different ones run 13.9 to 14.4s and most of their traps were in the 97-102 range! I was also wacthing a C6 A6 'vert run 13.0-13.2 all night long with damn near zero wheelspin out of the hole also trapping in the 110 area. That car should be high 11s in the high teens. Thats how bad the DA was that night.

And for the record he got his 60' down to a 2.1 (the same exact time that I kept pulling that night) which generated his BEST ET of 13.4. His best trap was a 106.x run earlier in the night. I know this because I looked through the virtual BOOK he had of slips from that night when I was bs'ing with him later on.

He has since added a 2.3L (iirc) KB as well as a rediculous amount of other mods and is making north of 700 at the wheels last I heard.

Perhaps I outdrove him (despite the fact I was on street tires and he on drag radials, despite the fact that his gear changes looked like they were going to break something on the car - looked damn violent accompanied with a shriek of protest from the MT drag radials, despite cutting the same 60' as I...)

Perhaps he was throwing codes (despite the fact that there were no SES lights on the dash and despite the fact he never mentioned it in the PMs back and forth the subsequent days post race)

Perhaps his GT500 was a dud (depsite the fact they were all bragging that it trapped 116 the week before)

What I do know is that that night, I out drove him and the mistress out muscled him and have video to prove it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have quite a bit more than a cai/catback now chief, but if you want to think those are my only mods, go ahead. ;)

I know that it was a GT500 because it looked like one, I talked to him at length and even asked that question after the first race, and then poked around in his engine bay, driver's seat, and trunk, all the while he was borrowing my tire pressure gauge. He wasnt too thrilled about loosing to my goat, but he did give the mistress her props. The first race I killed him out of the hole and kept pulling through the big end.

I know what his traps were because I ran him 3 times on video (care to watch them?) then watched him make about 2 dozen passes while I let my goat cool down. For the record, LS2s that night were struggling to get into the 13s, as I watched 3 different ones run 13.9 to 14.4s and most of their traps were in the 97-102 range! I was also wacthing a C6 A6 'vert run 13.0-13.2 all night long with damn near zero wheelspin out of the hole also trapping in the 110 area. That car should be high 11s in the high teens. Thats how bad the DA was that night.

And for the record he got his 60' down to a 2.1 (the same exact time that I kept pulling that night) which generated his BEST ET of 13.4. His best trap was a 106.x run earlier in the night. I know this because I looked through the virtual BOOK he had of slips from that night when I was bs'ing with him later on.

He has since added a 2.3L (iirc) KB as well as a rediculous amount of other mods and is making north of 700 at the wheels last I heard.

Perhaps I outdrove him (despite the fact I was on street tires and he on drag radials, despite the fact that his gear changes looked like they were going to break something on the car - looked damn violent accompanied with a shriek of protest from the MT drag radials, despite cutting the same 60' as I...)

Perhaps he was throwing codes (despite the fact that there were no SES lights on the dash and despite the fact he never mentioned it in the PMs back and forth the subsequent days post race)

Perhaps his GT500 was a dud (depsite the fact they were all bragging that it trapped 116 the week before)

What I do know is that that night, I out drove him and the mistress out muscled him and have video to prove it.
LOL so your saying you agree with me and If he could drive or something wasn't wrong with his car he should have won??? Dude I have video of me beating a C6 Z06 at the track but I know for a fact. I beat the driver and not the car. I trapped 119 to his 123. So again I say congrats on being the better driver. But the GT500 is still the faster car. Just like the Z06 is way faster than me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts