Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only owned this car since December when I traded my 70'C10 for it and have been trying to learn as much as possible since finding this great site. Everybody on the board has been extremely helpful so far:cheers. I got a ton of compliments on the car and alot of people were taking pics. The weird thing is the color is starting to grow on me and everybody has been saying how much they like it. It has alot of gold in it in certain lighting. As much as I miss my old truck, nothing compares to the feeling while driving this car!:party: Just thought I'd share my experience of my first car cruise in my 69'.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Thats the thing about Pontiacs, once you drive one your hooked for life....car looks great in the sunlight, very understated and classy and you won't see many like yours...:cheers

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
:agree Looks sharp. That color is not the norm, another plus! A '70 C10 was my first vehicle. You wouldn't have a pic of that too?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! This is my old truck I traded. It had a 355 with Brodix aluminum heads, Demon carb, AirGap RPM intake, Eaton posi, 3:73's,yada yada. It would lite the tires up on a 30 mph roll. Custom interior and pearl ghost flames. I got bored and listed it on racing junk when I got offered an even up trade for the 69'. I made out like a bandit!:D

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
No doubt. A very nice truck. Mine was orange with a white cab and chrome hubcaps. 350ci, 3 on the tree, black interior....... Pretty common for that year. '71 they got rid of the chrome chevrolet bar on the grill and went to the honeycomb look. That look seemed to be more popular, but I liked the '70 look much better. I've thought about getting another one for years.

Thanks for sharing......

This was the exterior color combo, except it didn't come with the girl..:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Your car looks great!
Is it Verdoro Green?
Sure looks like it....paint code on the data plate would be "Q" or "73".
That is one of the common colors in 1968 & 69.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sweet ride!! Twin to my 69 except mine is a 4 speed. Have owned mine for 27 years and is currently in the early stages of resto. Nice to see an Espresso Brown car that hasnt been painted Orbit Orange or re-sale red.
:party:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Like I said, the expresso brown has gotten alot of compliments from strangers and has grown on me but I have to admit I'm a huge fan of the classic orange and red colors:cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts