Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the top plate on the cowl where the dash pad sits, the panel that has the V.I.N tag attached. It is for my 69 GTO, does anyone know who sells the panel, this one is beyond repair.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, unfortunately, this is not the correct part, mine runs the length of the windshield but is about 6 inches wide. It goes from the windshield to the dash panel and is spot welded to the upper cowl.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I have read it and will be sending out an e-mail.
I will also post a photo of the part here.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I suppose if your good enough(or know someone who is) you could repair that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can just replace the leading edge where it meets the windshield with Ames Performance part number G134L. Cutting and welging will be required. This assumes the rest of the part is no too badly rusted. The Ames part has to be cut down because it is made to fit El-Camino and Chevelle as well. I had to do this on my 68.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can just replace the leading edge where it meets the windshield with Ames Performance part number G134L. Cutting and welging will be required. This assumes the rest of the part is no too badly rusted. The Ames part has to be cut down because it is made to fit El-Camino and Chevelle as well. I had to do this on my 68.

I have a die grinder and also access to a Tig welder, so I will check out AMES

1 - 10 of 10 Posts