Registered
456 Posts
140+ way back in a Stang (90')

125 (GTO)
Too new to take it higher and it's rained every day since I bought it :confused

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
145mph in the goat. Took a picture of the speedo w/ my digital cam, but it was too blurry from shaking to realy tell what it was reading!:willy:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, but the BIG question is for how long was that speed maintained? AND how many passangers?

147 mph for at least FIFTEEN MINUTES with FOUR passengers and a case of cold beer in the back seat. Driver wasn't allowed to drink.
Acutally, it could have been faster as I don't think the speedo was very accurate at the high end. That's a long time at that speed. I've been faster but only maintained that speed for a few seconds.

Car was:
440 six-pack, blueprinted, 500+hp Brown with Black Stripes, Plymouth Barracuda. 1969 or so. Driver's name was Norman.
Between Butte City, ID and Idaho Falls, ID back when I was in the Navy at the atomic testing station and cruise control was a brick on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Norman had four witnessess. Being Navy, we still complained that we didn't have enough time to finish the case of beer before we rolled into Idaho Falls.
I think we only drank two beers that day instead of our usual four or five.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Cool, how stable was your bike?
Very stable! That bike is built for those speeds and it loves doin it. Plus it dont hurt having a SCOTTS/OHLINS steering dampner just to keep things nice and tight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hahahahah my rice cooker is faster than your muscles. j/k

wrx speedo ends at 140. so 155-160 MPH, NOT kph. i just wanted to see if it could, but that's not safe so i told my 4 passengers to look before i slowed down.

·
Registered
456 Posts
imma_stocker said:
hahahahah my rice cooker is faster than your muscles. j/k

wrx speedo ends at 140. so 155-160 MPH, NOT kph. i just wanted to see if it could, but that's not safe so i told my 4 passengers to look before i slowed down.

Oh why do I bother.....? :cool

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Going by the digital speedometer in my 86 383 stroker vette, 172. I don't know how accurate it was at speed, although the gearing was stock, so it should be "close". Lol, someone mentioned talon. I calcualted it once, and it was moving pretty good, but can't remember what it worked out to- modded 91 Talon (Haltech E6K, Frank 6 turbo, built motor, etc.), had it bouncing off an 8700 rpm rev limiter in 5th- if I can find the ratios for the talon trans again, I'll recalculate it and post :).
Joe

·
Registered
71 Posts
145 in my 90 Mustang...racing an 03 vette on the 101 south with mild traffic. Needless to say I won.

Just bought my Goat this afternoon and haven't had a chance to test the high speeds yet.

BTW what is the limiter set at on the Goat?

·
Registered
254 Posts
In my GTO 125 mph... On my 2001 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R I was clocked with a radar gun doing 197mph, this was on a privately owned runway which was just over five thousand feet in length. Getting the motorcycle from 0 to 197 mph seemed easy but stopping prior to running off the runway was difficult. As stated this was a 2001 Suzuki Hayabusa with approximate 3500 in mods, Oh and the speedo on most bike's are off big time, so to other motorcycle owner's, unless you have the yellow box at 190 on the factory speedo you are doing 160 to 170 depending upon headwinds/crosswinds and it just gets worse as you go faster...

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have had the goat to 135 so far and i pined the 195 speedo on the 05 busa for about 2 miles.

Dragon 32 said:
Oh and the speedo on most bike's are off big time, so to other motorcycle owner's, unless you have the yellow box at 190 on the factory speedo you are doing 160 to 170 depending upon headwinds/crosswinds and it just gets worse as you go faster...
i know the bike speedo is way off at the big end of it, so where can i get this yellow box you mentioned. thanks mike

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.