Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
im getting a 3800 torque converter
Does seem a tad high. Mine is set at 3400 rpm and my car is 95% track car and the other 5% is just enough to keep it street legal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
A 3800 stall converter is pretty high for a street car. You'll have plenty of fun with it though. As far as a differences that you'll see- Less mpg's, Faster tire wear due to being able to burn them forever, and a BIG SEG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
I agree, 3800 is pretty high especially if your car is not equipped with a trans cooler to help keep it cool while it is winding up. It is high if you're just driving it on the street and need some good hp and torque levels for it to be really effective. It'll provide a slingshot and like Chrisco said, its fun to have cause you can really burn the tires and have good take offs
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top